Any animated movies in the canon that you'd like to see a dark ride for?

HouCuseChickie

I really like @DisneyPrincess5 's idea of a Cindy dark ride in the castle. It's always kind of bugged me that Sleeping Beauty's castle at least had a bit of a walk through with her story.

Pinocchio, the movie, has always kind of creeped me out...but for whatever reason...I think it would make a good dark ride. I think it could have some of the scare and edge that Snow White had. Pleasure Island and Monstro would surely make for some good scenes in a dark ride.

Yert3

Original Poster
I really like @DisneyPrincess5 's idea of a Cindy dark ride in the castle. It's always kind of bugged me that Sleeping Beauty's castle at least had a bit of a walk through with her story.

Pinocchio, the movie, has always kind of creeped me out...but for whatever reason...I think it would make a good dark ride. I think it could have some of the scare and edge that Snow White had. Pleasure Island and Monstro would surely make for some good scenes in a dark ride.
A lot of people find Pinocchio creepy. Not sure why. I don't see it. But there is a Pinocchio dark ride at Disneyland and it's one of my favorite ones. It's really well done.

Aurora1

Dark rides are some of my favorite attractions. I was just wondering what you guys would love to see in terms of the official animated canon that doesn't already have a dark ride.

Hercules would be great! I'm imagining the scene towards the end with Hades with the souls in the water- it would be creepy, but cool to see!

Lion King- I really think that Lion King is underrepresented in the parks. Yes, its got the FOTLK, but a dark ride would be awesome!

Aladdin- My all time favorite Disney Movie, it deserves way more than just the Dumbo knock off it's got right now!

MerlinTheGoat

There's a Pinocchio ride at Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disneyland. I've ridden the one at Paris, I gather it's the same exact ride at all of the other parks as well. It's a very fun and well done classic dark ride.

The movie is a bit dark, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Haunted Mansion has creepy elements and you don't see anyone complaining about it. Same with parts of the old Snow White ride (even more so before they changed WDW's to be less scary back in the 90's).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom