Any advice for staying off property and for making park reservations?

Rasstuss

We spent a week on property in Dec 2018 and loved it. We had wanted to do that again sometime in 2021 but with Covid and crazy work and school schedules it just hasn't worked out, hopefully in 2022. However we have an Airbnb credit from a wedding that was cancelled due to Covid last year that has to be used by 12/31/21 and found a few days in October to make a long weekend so we are going to do a short Disney trip. With fastpass and dining plan options not in play I don't think we will be missing out on much being off property. We will be driving and will just pay for parking at the parks. Is there anything else I'm not thinking of?

Also we will be driving in on a Friday and back home on a Tuesday. Over the 3 days we are there we want to do an Magic Kingdom day, an EPCOT day, and take a day to enjoy the resort and probably hit Disney Springs. With the limited capacity will we see a difference in crowds on a weekend compared to a weekday? We were thinking about saving EPCOT for Monday if Food&Wine and the Ratatouille opening would increase crowds there over the weekend but at the same time I would rather not have the late night out at EPCOT on the night before we drive home.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Last edited:

Worldlover71

Epcot, historically, is much busier on weekends during festivals, especially F&W. It isn't as crowded as Christmas week, but World Showcase can feel uncomfortable for some. It all depends on your tolerance for crowds. If there is still limited capacity in October, you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom