Any Advice for Final September 2019 Trip!?

yensid67

I think I have finalized my plans for our September 2019 WDW trip! Any advice/comments would be appreciated!

Saturday, 9/21: Leave Martinsburg, WVA(11am) Amtrak
Sunday, 9/22: Arrive Kissimmee, FL(10:44am) Amtrak, Check in to Hotel(3pm)
Monday, 9/23: Lynx bus to Sea World
Tuesday, 9/24: Itrolley to ICON 360, rent car from Hyatt Regency, Capone's Dinner and Show
Wednesday, 9/25: Animal Kingdom
Thursday, 9/26: Disney Springs(Coca-Cola Bear), Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Friday, 9/27: Hamburger Mary's
Saturday, 9/28: Leave Kissimmee, FL Amtrak(1pm)
Sunday, 9/29: Arrive Washington DC Amtrak(7am-9 hour layover :eek:), Arrive Martinsburg WVA(6pm)

So that's our plan, at least as of right now! It will change if needed!

LeighM

After visiting Orlando twice in late September, my biggest piece of advice is to make sure you have travel insurance. Both times, we were affected by a hurricane. Luckily it was nothing that affected our travel plans (very close call) but it did close the parks for a day and a half. Also, another trip was affected by a coastal low that caused major flooding in the Carolinas. We were just able to drive through on 95 before the roads were closed. Because of our bad luck with that time of year, we no longer go during hurricane season lol.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
I am hoping for the best with Hurricanes! As long as we get to FL and back home on Amtrak I think we can handle whatever is brought our way...at least we are in FL!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm with @LeighM, make sure you add travel insurance to your trip. August and September are the most active months for hurricanes. Florida has now had major storms 3 years in a row (Hermine, Matthew, Irma, Michael). If a Michael level storm hits Central Florida, even in a weaken state, you won't be getting to or leaving Florida any time soon...Michael was a Cat 3 when it reached South Georgia.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom