Antartica opens on May 24

Figment82

We rode it yesterday, thankfully with front of the line passes from our APs as the line was already 90 minutes at 9:30. My husband summed up his thoughts on the ride in three words - "short and pointless". It's amazing technology, but never has a chance to get going. I couldn't believe it was over so quickly.

We loved the penguin exhibit, but couldn't stay in there too long as we were freezing! I loved the low walls that really put you up close to the penguins, and how they tried to replicate the realistic lighting conditions. I felt bad for the poor TM that was constantly telling guests to turn off their flash.

The area looks great - much better than the 80's tile building look that was there before. We had a light lunch in the new quick service and it was nice, but nothing special. I was surprised that the indoor seating area was empty and everyone was out under the umbrellas - it was humid!

All in all it's a great improvement, but the ride has so much build-up for such a short experience. If I had waited in the queue, I would have been very upset. But kudos to Sea World for a nice new penguin experience, even though I personally felt it fell a tad short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom