Ant Man

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I don't think there is a thread for this movie yet. Here is the first footage from the film, sadly with no sound. It's only a few seconds.

Matt_Black

Fingers crossed for this movie. It's been in Developmental Heck for so long, and that often doesn't bode well. On the plus side, Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas alone will be worth watching.

erasure fan1

This is the first movie I have questions about. Guardians I wasn't sure how the general public would react to it but I thought I would love it. Ant Man I am just not sure about. I give them the benefit of the doubt because aside from hulk, all the other movies I have loved. I am really looking forward to the trailer to see what it looks like.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Ant Sized Teaser for the Teaser airing during Agent Carter on Jan 6

Ant-Man-Comic-Con_612x380.jpg

doctornick

I'm very intrigued by this movie. I think the shrinking ability will translate well to the special effects on the big screen and I like that the premise is for a "heist film" which will be yet another variation for Marvel.

I know there has been a lot of hand wringing about the film, especially when Wright left, but I absolutely trust Feige and the Marvel folks. There is a lot of grumbling that this movie will be a failure, but we heard the same things when Guardians of the Galaxy was announced and it did pretty ok. ;) I'm really curious to see what kind of hype it gets once the advertising comes out, starting with this upcoming trailer.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Entertainment Weekly will have Ant Man on the cover Friday -http://popwatch.ew.com/2015/01/06/this-weeks-cover-ant-man-marvel-paul-rudd/

1346-ANTMAN-cover-EW.jpg

Excerpt -

"How long in the making was this week’s exclusive, first-look cover image of Paul Rudd as Ant-Man? Well, that depends how you look at it. While the shrinking, and insect-controlling, hero of Marvel’s Ant-Man (out. July 17) may not be as famous as The Hulk or Thor, he made his comics debut way back in 1962 and a year later co-founded The Avengers with those two aforementioned gents.

While down in Georgia, we got to see Rudd playing thief-turned superhero Scott Lang alongside costars Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly—and got the low-down on the production’s tumultuous history. Which actor said they were “devastated” by Wright’s departure? Which actor threatened to walk if they didn’t like the way the script was headed? And which told a joke about the genitalia of moths? You’ll have to read the magazine to find out—but we can reveal that you’ll also get the lowdown on Corey Stoll’s villainous Darren Cross (a.k.a. Yellowjacket) and what Rudd describes as the film’s “mind-blowing” shrinking sequences."

Bairstow

Full trailer is now out and it's... absolutely generic.
Honestly, after Edgar Wright left I lost all faith and interest in this project.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I think it was a good teaser - GOTG first teaser was very similar - it wasn't until later we got the super fun ones with all the cool music. It also extablishes that the Ant Man concept and name are a little weird/silly. But audiences love Groot and Rocket and people thought that would be too weird too.

doctornick

I liked the teaser. It's not as awesome as the GotG teaser was, but I think it's intriguing. Sets up a compelling framework of a plot, shows off some of the special effects and has some humor. The final quip is great, as it reflects how Marvel has tended to not take itself too seriously.

Bairstow

That's not a full trailer, it was the first teaser. Teasers rarely show all their cards this far in advance, just enough to give you a taste of what's to come.

I don't really think the teaser/trailer distinction means anything anymore, if it ever did.

In my book, if you're being shown final footage of the main characters, it's not a teaser, it's just a short trailer.

I would say this and this are teasers.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Looks like Entertainment Weekly has posted the full Ant Man cover story on their site already - http://www.ew.com/ew/static/longform/antman/desktop/

Some pictures and excerpts -

antman2.jpg

Lilly, fresh off her run as an elf in the Hobbit movies, had never heard of the character when Marvel first approached her. “They said, ‘We’re interested in you for a role in Ant-Man,’” she says. “And I actually laughed.”

antman1.jpg

The 70-year-old Oscar winner is also the father of two young children, Dylan and Carys, and being part of the Marvel universe has scored him major points at home. “My son is finally proud of me—I’m accomplishing something!” he says.

antman3.jpg

Ant-Man, little-known and just plain little, has an image problem that even his new director acknowledges. “When you’re in a movie theater and you see a poster for a movie called Ant-Man, it’s like, ‘Well, how is that cool?’”

antman4.jpg

Just as Ant-Man might seem a strange candidate to become a big-screen superhero, the Anchorman and Role Models star seemed an odd choice to play one. But Feige insists Rudd was perfect for a hero with an unheroic history. “We wanted Scott Lang to have made mistakes that cost him dearly,” he says. “But we wanted the audience to be rooting for him despite that. Paul Rudd can do almost anything and you’re still charmed by him.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom