Ant-Man and the Wasp -- SPOILERY discussion

Princess Leia

While Hope getting dusted definitely added to the shock factor, I just wish that Janet could have survived. She just got out of the Quantum Realm, and it could have been her turn to save Hank (she sort of did that in AM&tW, but on a smaller scale). Plus I think that a Scott/Janet team up would have been an interesting dynamic.

This is more IW/A4 related, but I just realized that outside of Tony & Pepper (and maybe Bruce & Natasha if that goes anywhere), Thanos's actions in IW sort of got rid of any major romantic pairings for A4. Quill & Gamora (snap and straight up murder/sacrifice), Wanda & Vision (snap and murder), Hank & Janet (snap snap) and Scott & Hope (survived and snap). If A4 is the last hurrah for RDJ, then it definitely makes sense to focus on Tony & Pepper one last time, since they're the one couple who has been in some sort of focus in movies without 'Iron Man' in the title (Avengers, Captain America: Civil War, and Spider-Man: Homecoming)

erasure fan1

Just got back and like I expected, I really liked it. Marvel has the formula down for sure. This is where star wars needs to get to. Release a movie thats fun and super entertaining and have it be a success making 300mil. The de-aging tech is crazy. Makes me think Luke skywalker movie before the events of force awakens with Mark playing Luke. Lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just got back and like I expected, I really liked it. Marvel has the formula down for sure. This is where star wars needs to get to. Release a movie thats fun and super entertaining and have it be a success making 300mil. The de-aging tech is crazy. Makes me think Luke skywalker movie before the events of force awakens with Mark playing Luke. Lol

Well, don't know how many scenes they can put Luke into where its a dimly lit house. :)

That was the problem with the Leia scene in Rogue1, too brightly lit revealing the uncanny valley.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, AM&tW is pretty much wrapped up with global B.O. at $622 million. That's better than Ant-Man, even counting for inflation. And, it got better critical scores than Ant-Man. So, a sequel that is better than the original in a franchise that continues to do better almost all the time on all metrics. And it stars... a girl!!

Princess Leia

So, AM&tW is pretty much wrapped up with global B.O. at $622 million. That's better than Ant-Man, even counting for inflation. And, it got better critical scores than Ant-Man. So, a sequel that is better than the original in a franchise that continues to do better almost all the time on all metrics. And it stars... a girl!!
I’m assuming it’s still around domestically? I’ve been waiting for it to show up at the local second run theater, but it hasn’t yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom