Ant-Man and the Wasp -- SPOILERY discussion

WhatJaneSays

The noise that came out of every person in my theater at that mid-credit scene opening night was amazing. There may have been some 4-letter words uttered.

I saw people digging on the tag at the end for being a pointless funny tag ... but just the fact that the emergency broadcast is going on in the background is kind of chilling.

mf1972

i thought the movie was fun & enjoyable. only beef i had was the villain, ghost. i thought she was pretty weak.

drod1985

I really enjoyed this one. I liked the first Ant-Man, but I thought this was better. I enjoyed that Ghost wasn't really a villain, she could've been the hero of her own story.

That mid-credits scene was perfect, especially on opening night with an invested audience.

Absolutely. After that mid-credits scene a kid in my theater goes "Daddy, what just happened and why did everybody here say bad words?" 😂

Princess Leia

I just got home from the movie, and between those credits scenes and Rubberman playing on the radio as I drove home, I am having a lot of Infinity War feelings.

I’ll post more tomorrow, I’m getting verklempt. Your topic is “should Marvel make more antagonists like Ghost to keep audiences invested when the threat is more like Thanos”? Discuss.

Princess Leia

I'm going to give this a solid B+. The small scale definitely worked (because they really couldn't make the movie anything like Infinity War). We saw all versions of Ant-Man and Wasp in action, but I would have loved to see Janet do more. We got a taste of her new powers, but I just wanted more of her. I liked the lack of a major villain. Ghost was only acting out in desperation (and Bill kept her from doing anything too drastic), and Sonny was mostly just over his head.

The de-aging effects are incredible. Seriously, it's scary how far they've come with this tech (compare Jeff Bridges in Tron 2 to Michelle Pfeiffer in this).

I'm assuming that a third movie will be in the next stage of the MCU, and I'm wondering what they'll call it. We've got two Ant-Men, two Wasps, and a Goliath (assuming Fishburne will be back), plus Cassie Lang (not sure what they'll call her since she has like 4 comic names apparently).

Phicinfan

I am going this evening with all three kids to see this. Can't wait.
Okay saw this last night with my three kids and two friends of theirs.....

I loved it, some of the subtle humor really showed Paul Rudd's ability to right, and how well he fits into this MCU writing staff.

Loved that all the main characters had vital parts, even Henry Pym.
Loved the tie in with the crew and the new business tie in.
I am not liking how much they have Antman become Giant man....and wonder if that will lead to a plot twist later.....
I am also wondering why Janet Pym is fine after all that time in the quantum realm, but one key explosion suddenly ruins the villain???
Loved how the movie started with a clear back story review of what happened, and how Civil war drove some of this - well done Marvel!

Obviously Wasp and Antman are now a thing.... loved the end scene by the way
Loved how in most of the movie everyone thought all was lost from Pym's past - but by end they had it all back including - Mrs Pym, house they had forever and lab AND original Antman suit.

Over all loved it, and thought it a great ..... break from the overly dramatic effects of IW.

Now to post credit scenes....

So obviously Antman is tied to Avengers 4 - but how they get him out of the Quantum realm will be key?
Loved the final scene, and agree with comments above that the Alert sounding alarm from the TV was incredibly eerie and made it work.

Best is the simplistic final quote - Antman and Wasp will return! then ! fades to ?

Great job!!

Bairstow

It would have been much more interesting if the "snap" had occured halfway through the movie instead of halfway through the credits.

Princess Leia

It would have been much more interesting if the "snap" had occured halfway through the movie instead of halfway through the credits.
I have to respectfully disagree. This was the first Marvel film to have a female character in the lead. I know some people are ticked that Hope was dusted even in the middle of credits.

DisneyFreak

I'm assuming that a third movie will be in the next stage of the MCU, and I'm wondering what they'll call it. We've got two Ant-Men, two Wasps, and a Goliath (assuming Fishburne will be back), plus Cassie Lang (not sure what they'll call her since she has like 4 comic names apparently).

The Colony and the Hive?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom