Ant-Man 3 Confirmed - Peyton Reed to Direct!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Then I won't tell you that the Titantic sank at the end of the movie.
Joey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

erasure fan1

By not releasing this to Disney+ this week, it guarantees I'm not going back to theaters.

I was finally motivated to go catch GOTG3 in theaters (which would be the first new film I'd have seen on the big screen since pre-pandemic). But not now since I can't get caught up and see Quantumania first.
I think it's a safe bet that if you are wanting to see guardians 3 in theaters, just go. Guardians films have been extremely disconnected from the main story arc in the first 2 movies. There wasn't anything in the first two movies that you would miss by not having seen the movies before them. And from everything I've seen and read, there isn't anything you would need from Ant-Man in G3. I will not have seen Ant-Man, but I'm still planning on seeing Guardians 3 in theater.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Whether there's a direct connection from Quantumania to GOTG3 or not, it's part of the same larger story and it's still a stupid decision to not have the previous film available on their streaming service prior to the next film's theatrical release. They don't want me to see GOTG3 timely and instead wait for it on D+, okey-dokey. Thanks, Disney, for saving me money. 🤷‍♂️

Wendy Pleakley

Whether there's a direct connection from Quantumania to GOTG3 or not, it's part of the same larger story and it's still a stupid decision to not have the previous film available on their streaming service prior to the next film's theatrical release. They don't want me to see GOTG3 timely and instead wait for it on D+, okey-dokey. Thanks, Disney, for saving me money. 🤷‍♂️

They want you to pay to see Ant-Man in the theater or on iTunes.

One could argue it would be stupid to give you Ant-Man for "free".

It worked for Captain Marvel. It wasn't a necessary movie but everyone wanted to be caught up for Endgame.

Either way, it's coming in a few weeks. Plenty of time to watch Ant-Man and still see GOTG in the theater.

MarvelCharacterNerd

They want you to pay to see Ant-Man in the theater or on iTunes.

One could argue it would be stupid to give you Ant-Man for "free".

It worked for Captain Marvel. It wasn't a necessary movie but everyone wanted to be caught up for Endgame.

Either way, it's coming in a few weeks. Plenty of time to watch Ant-Man and still see GOTG in the theater.
1682816898057.png

;)

My only interest in seeing GOTG3 in theaters was to see it opening night unspoilered as I used to do. Since there is no way for me to avoid spoilers after the first night (short of living under a rock without wifi lol), I've no reason after that to pay to see it in theaters. I can wait for D+ since I'm pre-paid on that for the year already.

The last three years got me out of the habit of going out to the movies. This was really the last chance of something that would get me back. And now it won't. :(

Wendy Pleakley

;)

My only interest in seeing GOTG3 in theaters was to see it opening night unspoilered as I used to do. Since there is no way for me to avoid spoilers after the first night (short of living under a rock without wifi lol), I've no reason after that to pay to see it in theaters. I can wait for D+ since I'm pre-paid on that for the year already.

The last three years got me out of the habit of going out to the movies. This was really the last chance of something that would get me back. And now it won't. :(

Is it really that hard to avoid spoilers?

Also, if spoilers are "impossible" to avoid then surely you know everything that happened in Ant-Man and can watch GOTG already knowing the full story...

spacemt354

Chili's
I wasn't paying $25 (the current cost of a ticket near me) to see a really poorly received film that was one of my least fave parts of the MCU and doesn't even contain my fave character in those films (Luis).

But if I could have caught up on it on D+ this week, I'd've gone opening weekend to GOTG3 and expected from that point to go back permanently to my habit of seeing Marvel films in theaters opening weekend like I used to do. But now I'm behind, so no matter how hard I try to avoid it, I'll get spoilered, so that seals it for me - if I can't catch up in time for the movie I care most about; I accept that I'm not going back for movies I care less about.

And the box office on virtually all Marvel films post-Endgame (other than Spidey) says I'm not alone in this, so it's not just my $25 for every Marvel film (plus repeat visits). It's others who say "you know what, I'm fine not going back to theaters. I don't feel the urgency or enjoyment or entertainment anymore." Disney will survive without my money. But not as more of their fans continue to tap out.
The Marvels was supposed to come out before Ant-Man and Guardians in the original 'back to the theater' announcement in 2021, so I doubt skipping Ant-Man before Guardians will have this much of a dramatic effect on the overall story.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Is it really that hard to avoid spoilers?

Also, if spoilers are "impossible" to avoid then surely you know everything that happened in Ant-Man and can watch GOTG already knowing the full story...
Based on the trailers alone, I'm expecting a few deaths in GOTG3, and I fully expect to know exactly who dies within hours of its release despite intentionally avoiding reading anything about the film but being slammed with thoughtless spoiler headlines and people's reactions everywhere online, not to mention people at the park intentionally shouting spoilers to ruin it for everyone else (this has repeatedly happened including someone literally yelling across the street at a character "AREN'T YOU DEAD?" on opening weekend of Endgame, and everyone else around them roaring in anger at being spoilered before they could even see the film) or Disney themselves announcing who the new Black Panther was at the park the morning the film opened, spoilering their own guests.

Knowing endings/spoilers ruins the emotional experience of a film and therefore the urgency for me to see it. So once a movie is spoilered, there's no rush to see it EXCEPT still needing to see it before I see the next one.

I've already paid for Disney+ for the year. I'm not paying beyond that to see Quantumania in a theater this week nor buying it online when it was spoilered opening weekend and should have been released to the service prior to the next film's release. So you can keep asking, but I'm still gonna keep giving the same answer:

1682996890867.png

;)

Wendy Pleakley

Based on the trailers alone, I'm expecting a few deaths in GOTG3, and I fully expect to know exactly who dies within hours of its release despite intentionally avoiding reading anything about the film but being slammed with thoughtless spoiler headlines and people's reactions everywhere online, not to mention people at the park intentionally shouting spoilers to ruin it for everyone else (this has repeatedly happened including someone literally yelling across the street at a character "AREN'T YOU DEAD?" on opening weekend of Endgame, and everyone else around them roaring in anger at being spoilered before they could even see the film) or Disney themselves announcing who the new Black Panther was at the park the morning the film opened, spoilering their own guests.

Knowing endings/spoilers ruins the emotional experience of a film and therefore the urgency for me to see it. So once a movie is spoilered, there's no rush to see it EXCEPT still needing to see it before I see the next one.

I've already paid for Disney+ for the year. I'm not paying beyond that to see Quantumania in a theater this week nor buying it online when it was spoilered opening weekend and should have been released to the service prior to the next film's release. So you can keep asking, but I'm still gonna keep giving the same answer:

It's personal preference but if I was that concerned I would find out major spoilers from GOTG, I'd go see it right away.

You might get some minor Ant-Man spoilers but it just seems clear that waiting to see GOTG would be worse in terms of spoilers.

Subscribing to Disney+ doesn't entitled anyone to see a major new movie right away. While there have been some shifts recently due to the streaming market and COVID, it's not the norm that a major release would be included in a subscription service super quick.

It wasn't that long ago that if you didn't see a movie in theaters or rent/buy it on disc/digital you'd be waiting much much longer for it to pop up on a streaming service.

There's also add-ons for web browsers like Chrome I believe, that can be used to hide all content about certain movies/shows. I know someone did that for Star Wars and never saw a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom