Another WDW What The Frack Moment: WDW Celebrity Circus

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
And now Ladies & Gentleman Boys And Girls! I direct your attention to the media screen as we present....A circus in Epcot?!? Yep you heard right..And here's the Special that showed that Communicore can be a big circus and the Fountain of Nations can be a center stage *Facepalm* So sit back and enjoy the wonder and the amazement that is the Late 80's/Early 90's!

75disney

I actually remember watching that on TV with my family. I thought it was very strange then and still do today. I wonder why Disney did that? Some of those celebrities, what a blast from the past!

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I actually remember watching that on TV with my family. I thought it was very strange then and still do today. I wonder why Disney did that? Some of those celebrities, what a blast from the past!

It's not as strange as the other Disney special oddities...Especially this one...
51XhzOdGnSL.jpg

TP2000

And now Ladies & Gentleman Boys And Girls! I direct your attention to the media screen as we present....A circus in Epcot?!? Yep you heard right..And here's the Special that showed that Communicore can be a big circus and the Fountain of Nations can be a center stage *Facepalm* So sit back and enjoy the wonder and the amazement that is the Late 80's/Early 90's!

Gawd, that was just horrible. And I loved it! :D

For those keeping score at home, all of the "celebrities" on that show are now either dead or haven't been seen in years and years.

According to IMDB this TV special aired twenty five years ago on NBC on November 27th, 1987. It looks like it, doesn't it? I like Tootie's scrunchie.

This is proof that Disney hasn't always done things the right way. This was just schlocky and dumb, even for 1987.

Matt_Black

The greatest Disney World TV special from that era was and always will be The Muppets Go to Walt Disney World. I also liked the Snow White Golden Anniversary special (Sherman Helmsley as the Magic Mirror? YES.), but I think that was actually filmed in Disneyland.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
The Youtube channel I found that on has Soooo many specials including the Holiday parades both Easter & Christmas and the rare Fourth of July specials.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ajc9892/videos

I was transported back to a time when shows like these were better then watching Reality tv schlock and seeing Honey Boo Boo at Walt Disney World...*shudders*
HBB-having-a-blast-castle.jpg

Last edited:

Matt_Black

The Youtube channel I found that on has Soooo many specials including the Holiday parades both Easter & Christmas and the rare Fourth of July specials.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ajc9892/videos

I was transported back to a time when shows like these were better then watching Reality tv schlock and seeing Honey Boo Boo at Walt Disney World...*shudders*
HBB-having-a-blast-castle.jpg

Well, there's the theory that once a show visits WDW, it has jumped the shark and is soon to be cancelled, so fingers crossed everyone!

I remember this one clear as day - especially the Typhoon Lagoon part. I wanted to go to TL SOOOO BAD after I saw that segment...then it was another 15 years before I actually got to ;)

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Well, there's the theory that once a show visits WDW, it has jumped the shark and is soon to be cancelled, so fingers crossed everyone!

Roseanne, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Sabrina, and Full House Disney episodes were more enjoyable to watch! And they had a long run, season wise..

This was perfect with some Orville Reddenbocker Microwave Popcorn (brand new in my grocers aisle!)

Heck I remember Juan Valdez Colombian Coffee being the "OFFICAL" Coffee of DL & WDW...Way before Starbucks..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom