Another Royal ship in Port Canaveral

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this has been discussed here, but I was talking to a Royal Caribbean rep on Saturday who told me that when the Harmony of the Seas starts its regular runs out of Fort Lauderdale next month, they'll be moving the Oasis to Port Canaveral to do 7-night itineraries.

I think they're hoping to really challenge Disney with this move. They'll have a big, family-friendly ship at significantly lower pricing. I wonder if they'll be able to start cutting into DCL's market. If that happens, will DCL have to adjust their pricing, too?

Could be interesting.

EOD K9

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here, but I was talking to a Royal Caribbean rep on Saturday who told me that when the Harmony of the Seas starts its regular runs out of Fort Lauderdale next month, they'll be moving the Oasis to Port Canaveral to do 7-night itineraries.

I think they're hoping to really challenge Disney with this move. They'll have a big, family-friendly ship at significantly lower pricing. I wonder if they'll be able to start cutting into DCL's market. If that happens, will DCL have to adjust their pricing, too?

Could be interesting.
Like most of us here, I enjoy cruising on DCL. That being said, I am all for a lower priced Disney Cruise. I realize it wont be a lot, but a savings is a savings.

jme

DCL will probably adjust their pricing, but not in the direction one might hope. I'm not sure The Walt Disney Company is familiar with the terminology "lowering prices", unfortunately.
But, who knows, with the right competition they might be compelled to learn something new!

EOD K9

DCL will probably adjust their pricing, but not in the direction one might hope. I'm not sure The Walt Disney Company is familiar with the terminology "lowering prices", unfortunately.
But, who knows, with the right competition they might be compelled to learn something new!
If they don't lower prices, they may change their incentives....more cruise credits, rework the onboard booking perks, etc.

tmitch

Could be interesting.
We have a 7 nighter on oasis of the seas booked for oct 2017 for eastern Caribbean. Without getting specific, I will tell you the room we booked(superior ocean view verandah) was 1600$ more on Disney. This rcl cruise has the dream works characters for our child's entertainment. I know that I have to pay extra for soda/juice/ ice cream, but that's a significant amount of money. I'm pro Disney too, our 5th is booked for December. But depending on how this goes, it might be hard to justify the extra cost

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom