another parking situation thread

PJean710

Original Poster
I have a whispering canyon breakfast reservation, will i need to move my car to the MK parking lot or can I stay for the day at the hotel? I will be staying on property so Im not trying to beat the parking price. Im just trying to save time.

Minnie Mum

If you aren't staying at that resort, then you are only supposed to park there for 3 hours. If everyone left their car for the day, actual resort guests would be understandably ticked off to find the lot full when they tried to park. You CAN stay for the day if you pay to valet park. Cheaper to take a taxi or Uber (or Minnie Van).

PJean710

Original Poster
If you aren't staying at that resort, then you are only supposed to park there for 3 hours. If everyone left their car for the day, actual resort guests would be understandably ticked off to find the lot full when they tried to park. You CAN stay for the day if you pay to valet park. Cheaper to take a taxi or Uber (or Minnie Van).
Thank you thats what I was wondering. If there is a time limit on the parking. I have a 9 or so reservation and we are only planning on going to MK until about noon. Didn't know if there was a certain amount time you are allotted as diner.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The exception to this is if you pay to valet park you can leave your car all day but only if you pay to valet park. It's a day rate $20 (same as parks parking now) so the car can be left all day. If you park in the free lot then you will have to move after. :)

Polydweller

Thank you thats what I was wondering. If there is a time limit on the parking. I have a 9 or so reservation and we are only planning on going to MK until about noon. Didn't know if there was a certain amount time you are allotted as diner.
Parking for ADRs is only for the ADR, not for going to a theme park. You can park while using the resorts facilities but you have to move after that. In other words, no time allotted for the MK visit.

hoffman1

The parking is for your meal time only.
If your have a reservation at 9am, it is going to take roughly an hour to eat. If you are really planning on being back from MK by noon, that leaves only two hours (and part of that time you will be taking transportation to the park, going through security, etc-so you really aren't going to have a full two hours there). It is breaking the rules but chances are you won't be towed. We have spent more than two hours at the resort after breakfast checking out the lobby, grounds, and gift shop and never had a problem.
That being said, I probably would not risk it. I would just drive to the TTC and hop on the monorail. It isn't far.

DABIGCHEEZ

The exception to this is if you pay to valet park you can leave your car all day but only if you pay to valet park. It's a day rate $20 (same as parks parking now) so the car can be left all day. If you park in the free lot then you will have to move after. :)
That is a great option. Last week we parked in the MK parking lot...it was AM EMH so we were mid way in the first section. However, the end of the day, leaving MK, is a nightmare as we all know. I left MK about 8:15 after buying some goodies from the bakery. Anyway I brought the van over to Contemporary for the wife and kids to walk to instead of fighting with the masses. Fireworks were starting as I reached the Contemporary parking lot. Anyway, my point is I probably would have paid the $20 earlier to Valet park there all day if I thought about that option, then have to leave the park early to move the van as it would have given us 2 more hours in the park! We were in Contemporary around 1.5 hour total... and as I knew would happen(just like every other year)we did head into the Contemporary to shop(as if they have something different then all the stores we already were in. We dropped about $90 in stores and my daughters are pin traders so we need to check out every possible pin board and store.

Hockey89

I have a whispering canyon breakfast reservation, will i need to move my car to the MK parking lot or can I stay for the day at the hotel? I will be staying on property so Im not trying to beat the parking price. Im just trying to save time.
The parking is for the food... It is not to go to MK... Move the car....

correcaminos

Have you thought of Ubering or the like? that might be cheaper than a valet parking (which allows this) and more time saving than parking at TTC and going over.

To correct something though, valet parking is $25 at deluxe resorts, not $20.

daisyduckie

I guess your not supposed to, but we've never had a problem staying a few extra hours to look around the shops. Never seen tow trucks at the hotels before, like some are saying.

Because you haven't seen it, it doesn't happen?

I'll add to the chorus--move your car after the meal. Not only are you supposed to, it is the nice thing to do for the people actually staying at that resort. The lots are not big enough to hold paying guests plus people parking and going to the parks.

EOD K9

I guess your not supposed to, but we've never had a problem staying a few extra hours to look around the shops. Never seen tow trucks at the hotels before, like some are saying.
I don't think the company minds if you went to eat and spend some time at the shops. If you are shopping they are making money. Once the meal and shopping are done, then by all means, please be so kind as to move the vehicle. Have a magical day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom