Another New Hotel on property?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I, for one, don't like the idea of another outside hotel chain anywhere on property. I'd much rather see something new and unique.

...and Pop Century IS, indeed, a value resort. We've actually chosen to stay there this year. It's got the similar style layout of the All-Stars, but from thepics I've seen, it seems super nice and new. I can't wait!:)

Agreed! I don't want more outside hotel chains coming on to the property. It will totally ruin the distinction between the Disney resorts and the other properties.

lebernadin

The way i see it, the present state of the company has put it in this position. I don't think they have the luxury of taking the high road and keeping out outside parties given their financial situation. If they must, the Four Season chain is as good as it gets, period. There are plenty of single hotels/resorts around the world that may be personally preferred by visitors, but for a chain, the Four Seasons is top notch.

What i'd be curious about is location, design, capacity, and rates vis a vis the AKL and GF. There seems to still be a good amount of foreign high end visitors that choose to stay at the Peabody and other off-property finer establishments and this venture would help curb that.

imagineersrock

speaking of the swan/dolphin... i never quite understood that.. they're nice hotels and all but how/why did another hotel chain build a hotel in that location/with such great detailing architecturally-speaking..?

Shaman

I think for the most part they want to keep other hotels out...but if the money is right...the MONEY is RIGHT....and so there goes that piece of land...there will always be a limit of resorts from outside companys and I'm sure Disney places limits on the companies that build on their land...after all an outside hotel is competition for Disney resorts....

I personally, don't have a problem as long as WDW area doesn't look like International drive with a whole bunch of hotels/motels all over the place....just my opinion though.

(yay! My 1000th Post) :sohappy:

imagineersrock

Originally posted by objr
I personally, don't have a problem as long as WDW area doesn't look like International drive with a whole bunch of hotels/motels all over the place....just my opinion though.

(yay! My 1000th Post) :sohappy:

i agree. By the way, congrats!!:cool:

Matterbuggy

Congrats!

As for the hotel, I think it's a great idea.

But I have a question on the "Alpine Resort". Wouldn't they need a lot of fake snow?

imagineerfan

But I have a question on the "Alpine Resort". Wouldn't they need a lot of fake snow? [/B][/QUOTE]
We have plenty of snow here that we could donate:p
YEAH for SNOW DAY TODAY!

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by imagineersrock
speaking of the swan/dolphin... i never quite understood that.. they're nice hotels and all but how/why did another hotel chain build a hotel in that location/with such great detailing architecturally-speaking..?

It is a complicated story involving business deal made pre-Eisner in the 70's in order to get EPCOT built. The Disney company basically made an agreement to allow Tishman Realty & Construction Co, who was the primary contractor for the EPCOT project to build a hotel on property.

Then Eisner came along and felt the deal gave away too much. Tishman went to court and won. They not only got to build their hotels but also won a better location and the right to have the only on property convention facility for 10 years.

Shaman

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
It is a complicated story involving business deal made pre-Eisner in the 70's in order to get EPCOT built. The Disney company basically made an agreement to allow Tishman Realty & Construction Co, who was the primary contractor for the EPCOT project to build a hotel on property.

Then Eisner came along and felt the deal gave away too much. Tishman went to court and won. They not only got to build their hotels but also won a better location and the right to have the only on property convention facility for 10 years.

Interesting...so how do the particular hotel chains get to own or operate the hotels...I believe its WESTIN--SWAN and SHERATON--DOLPHIN...which I think now both companies are under starwood ....

BeachClub

IMO....if they go with a new hotel...put it near the AK and make it a Mediteranian type hotel....like Greece, Italy, etc....I think that would fly and it can be upscale, but owned by Disney. You know follow the theme of Hercules!! Maybe even make it a DVC!!! We can always use more of them!
:animwink:

jaylenofan86

I think that a Four Seasons hotel coming to WDW is a great idea. Since the Grand Floridian has been slacking in service, my family and I have been looking outside of WDW property to stay at a nicer hotel. If Four Seasons does get put in WDW property, I would be thrilled to stay there.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by jrriddle
Believe it or Not:

The TOT was to be an actual hotel. Allmost a haunted house that you could stay in. Eisner eventually came to his senses when the Disney Lawyers informed him that anyone shaving and seeing a ghost in the mirror looking back at them could cause more than a few accidents.
I kid you not. Jim Hill Media has the whole story.

How very cool!!! I would love to stay in a deserted hotel! I just can't get enough Tower horror!!! :)

jrriddle

Original Poster
Originally posted by brisem
WHo or what is DLRP and who is this Prince?

DLRP=Disneyland Resort Paris
Prince Alwaleed Talal owns 24% of EuroDisney SCA (DLRP's Corporate name).

jrriddle

Original Poster
Originally posted by jaylenofan86
I think that a Four Seasons hotel coming to WDW is a great idea. Since the Grand Floridian has been slacking in service, my family and I have been looking outside of WDW property to stay at a nicer hotel. If Four Seasons does get put in WDW property, I would be thrilled to stay there.

Absolutely especially if it's a themed hotel like the Swan or Dolphin or the Floridian.

Al

This is great news for DLP, and it would be good to see a four seasons in wdw, although I think the preferable location would be near downtown disney, unless they heavily themed it.

Invero

Originally posted by mkt
at least it'd be a nicer one, rather than another All-Star..

Let's not forget that the Value resorts are the real money makers on property. Value resorts also enjoy high occupancy, even during slow seasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom