Another generation: Magic Kingdom (my way)

mharrington

Original Poster
It looks like the Main Street live theater is not happening after all right now, so it looks like the space is available again for my proposed Mickey ride themed to vignettes of old shorts.

And even if it doesn't, I've had the idea of giving the Storybook Circus area a different name: Carolwood Park, which technically what the name of the area really is, if the train station is any indication:
9fa80c40405239990c4d138d8d556770--disney-trivia-disney-fun.jpg

This way, by renaming the land, this will help bring in ideas not limited to just the circus. Of course, my idea being that this land will be a new land independent of Fantasyland, that means that the station sign will need to have the word "Fantasyland" removed from it. Maybe the new land will officially be called "Carolwood Park Featuring the Storybook Circus". It's a bit of a mouthful for a land, but the good thing is you can say either "Carolwood Park" or "Storybook Circus", if need-be.

mharrington

Original Poster
Some time ago, I posted this idea of expanding the theme (sort of) of Carolwood Park to encompass something beyond the circus, in this thread here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...torybook-circus-with-a-new-attraction.938885/.

However, it was also revealed that the Main Street theater is all but canceled, and to that end, I have thought of going back and add something to that area: namely, @MANEATINGWREATH's Mickey ride over in that area. The link for the original ride can be found here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...open-brainstorming.924777/page-4#post-7600592.

This was not entirely my own decision to revive it, as it was influenced by the One Sentence Competition, where, for the Magic Kingdom, we were required to do something in the Main Street area as a "bonus", and my choice was this dark ride.

You can check out the ride concept in the second link above, so I'm not going to copy it all here. I will, however, explain a few differences between MEW's concept and mine. First, it will feature Donald with Mickey and Goofy, because why not? In the ride, MEW refers to Goofy as the Great Goofini, so Donald in this case will be called Duke Donaldo. Also, the ride vehicles, while still themed around caravans, will also bear some resemblance to the horseless carriage on Main Street. They will be in different colors, each adorned with one of three names ("Mickey", "Donaldo" or "Goofini"), rather like the Mr. Toad cars. And each will also feature different license plates on the cars, rather like the cars on the Monsters Inc. ride at the CA Adventure.

I will get into more details on the differences later (not that there may be a lot to say), but right now, what does anyone think of my idea here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom