Another future failure for Disney bean counters

mwlillie

Original Poster
I read on another site that Disney is planning an after-hours Star Wars themed event at Hollywood Studios for April 2017. Price of said ticket is a bit more than what Disney has been trying to charge for the same type of event at the Magic Kingdom. What offended me most is the small price difference between adults and children.

I assume we will be seeing of the same stupidity during this era of "enhanced events" until such time as Iger and his moronic staff is ousted.

Jon81uk

What offended me most is the small price difference between adults and children.

Why? A child is likely to get the same enjoyment from the offerings at a Disney park, so why shouldn't they be charged the same.
If the event included alcoholic beverages I would want child prices to be much lower, but for most cases I think the current Disney ticket pricing where children are about $10 cheaper than adults is fine.

Bolt

Why? A child is likely to get the same enjoyment from the offerings at a Disney park, so why shouldn't they be charged the same.
If the event included alcoholic beverages I would want child prices to be much lower, but for most cases I think the current Disney ticket pricing where children are about $10 cheaper than adults is fine.
Also - MVMCP and MNSSHP have child and adult prices with the similar margin. Additionally, tickets for the parks have child and adult pricing...?

Jon81uk

Also - MVMCP and MNSSHP have child and adult prices with the similar margin. Additionally, tickets for the parks have child and adult pricing...?

I just re-checked and theme park tickets are only $2 cheaper for children, therefore again the OP doesn't have much of a point that the special event pricing is wrong when all pricing is pretty similar for adult/children.
Again if both age groups get reasonably the same enjoyment then why shouldn't the price be the same.

RobidaFlats

I just re-checked and theme park tickets are only $2 cheaper for children, therefore again the OP doesn't have much of a point that the special even pricing is wrong when all pricing is pretty similar for adult/children.
Again if both age groups get reasonably the same enjoyment then why shouldn't the price be the same.

I'm not trying to make this argument, but here is a potential one:

It is similar to volume discounts. Every member of a large group gets functionally the same enjoyment, yet they pay a lower price. The idea is that more locked in visitors is a plus. Something similar could be argued for children. They come as part of a larger group (a family) that might otherwise not come if there was not some sort of "volume" or "child" discount.

Just another way to view it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since the OP could not be bothered to link to the information her it is.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-nights/

This event is quite similar to another one they did before Star Tours shut down for its refurb that brought us ST 2.0 called "The Last Tour to Endor.". It also took place during Star Wars Celebration.

I attended the event and it ranks in my top three days inside of WDW overshadowed only by Epcot's 25th and 30th anniversaries. I do not think attendance was quite what Disney wanted, but as an attendee, the lack of stifling crowds was a big plus.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This event is quite similar to another one they did before Star Tours shut down for its refurb that brought us ST 2.0 called "The Last Tour to Endor.". It also took place during Star Wars Celebration.. I do not think attendance was quite what Disney wanted, but as an attendee, the lack of stifling crows was a big plus.

A lack of crows is a great thing, they tend to eat most of your popcorn, much less having to keep them quiet... they are noisy eaters.

**Stacy**

My first thought was that this going to be an interesting event for people watching between Star Wars costumes and Disney Bounding (especially with Disney encouraging costumes and setting up a red carpet for photos) ...but for me it's not $129 interesting..maybe if I was a die-hard Star Wars fan or had a killer Star Wars cosplay outfit I wanted to show off I would be $129 interested. I do wonder if this is some sort of test for a price hike on the Halloween and Christmas hard ticket events at the MK.

21stamps

I just re-checked and theme park tickets are only $2 cheaper for children, therefore again the OP doesn't have much of a point that the special event pricing is wrong when all pricing is pretty similar for adult/children.
I'm fine with pricing being similar with adults and children for events. The only one that had me debating was Club Villian...because of the alcohol difference, and it just wasn't a priority on our trip. But I would like to do it at some point.
I have to pay adult prices for my child on a cruise and certain resorts. I'm used to it.lol

rob0519

I read on another site that Disney is planning an after-hours Star Wars themed event at Hollywood Studios for April 2017. Price of said ticket is a bit more than what Disney has been trying to charge for the same type of event at the Magic Kingdom. What offended me most is the small price difference between adults and children.

I assume we will be seeing of the same stupidity during this era of "enhanced events" until such time as Iger and his moronic staff is ousted.

Get real. We will be seeing the same pricing of "enhanced events" after Iger and his "moronic staff", as you called them are gone.
Do you really think the next CEO will somehow decide that charging less money than people have already shown they will pay for these events is a good business decision?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom