Another FP+ question.... Sharing

jkl2000

My son used my MagicBand (see my post above) and got a quizzical look from the CM, but was allowed on through.

I don't know why the CM would give a quizzical look (not saying the CM didn't though). Part of the reason for paying for park tickets is getting a certain number of Fastpasses to go with each ticket (now that they've structured it that way). Which member of a party is using the tickets should be of no concern to the CM.

Next time I go, I'm going to register every member of my party as Bruce, then there should be less confusion.

ddrongowski

I don't know why the CM would give a quizzical look (not saying the CM didn't though). Part of the reason for paying for park tickets is getting a certain number of Fastpasses to go with each ticket (now that they've structured it that way). Which member of a party is using the tickets should be of no concern to the CM.

Next time I go, I'm going to register every member of my party as Bruce, then there should be less confusion.
Except that the first Bruce into the park will then invalidate all the other Bruce's. They will say Bruce already entered the park. Hopefully they will get this issue fixed soon.

The reason for the quizzical look is that tickets are non-transferable, I would guess. The notion that each ticket is entitled to FP+ and it doesn't matter who uses them is not entirely correct. It is more precise to say that each person to whom the ticket is assigned is entitled to the FP+ benefits associated with their ticket. That CMs are not doing anything about it could be Disney Policy, could be something during the test only, or could be a lack of training.

There are a lot of people that have concerns making FP+ reservations for popular attractions will turn into a mad rush @ 60 days out like some ADRs have become. Should that come to pass, I would expect Disney to start enforcing things a bit more strictly, especially on the kinds of rides and attractions that might motivate people to do a MB swap to get a FP+ ride their own ticket does not entitle them to get. IOWs, it remains to be seen if swapping MBs is a viable long-term strategy.

Fractal514

While I understand your logic here, I don't know that I agree. I'm pretty sure it isn't that you get a certain number of FP for each member of your group, but rather, each member of your group gets a certain number of FP. This might sound like semantics, but I always thought the idea behind FP was the allow most guests easy access to a few rides on their trip that they really wanted to do, not to allow some guests to skip most of the lines on their stay. With that in mind, this new system will certainly hurt folks like us who know how to make the most of the system, but overall make it a more even distributed thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom