||*** another character question***||

Seven_Seas

Original Poster
I've often wondered, if you were to pay to have Mickey Mouse visit a relative in their room (surprise) and you pay them from the time they leave their other obligation until they return, how do they keep from being mobbed walking down the hallway in the hotel etc. and people desiring pictures, autographs etc. Now I know that there are character greeters that go along---do they just stand most people up and say that they are on a mission?

peter11435

As far as I know you can not pay to have a character visit your hotel room. You can pay for them to attend private events such as your wedding and conventions, but not to actually come to a hotel room. If you pay to have them attend your wedding or other private event the character would just magically appear at the ballroom or location of your event.

Seven_Seas

Original Poster
Uh...well I have friend at work that has pics of Mickey in the hotel room with his daughter as a surprise for her b-day. He said they charged him for the time from when character left original destination 'till they were back there.

He said it was about $600.

peter11435

Seven_Seas said:
Uh...well I have friend at work that has pics of Mickey in the hotel room with his daughter as a surprise for her b-day. He said they charged him for the time from when character left original destination 'till they were back there.

He said it was about $600.
I don't know for sure. I was just always under the impression that the characters could not visit a hotel room. Maybe MKT can provide more info on this topic.

Mecha Figment

I work in characters and I haven't heard of anything like this.

You have to either be a VIP or somebody who can't see the characters in a normal sence and be able to fork out the cash for this to happen.

I have heard of characters going to childrens hospitals but thats about it.

drew81

You can have a character come visit for instance a hotel room. It would have to go through DCE(Disney Character Events) and the time the character is out starts when they leave their room till the time they get back. So if it takes them ten minutes to get there it still counts as them being there....

I'm not sure the going rate but I think the reserved rate, as the previous poster said is $600 for 30 minutes. I could be wrong on that though.

MKCP 1985

drew smith said:
You can have a character come visit for instance a hotel room. It would have to go through DCE(Disney Character Events) and the time the character is out starts when they leave their room till the time they get back. So if it takes them ten minutes to get there it still counts as them being there....

I'm not sure the going rate but I think the reserved rate, as the previous poster said is $600 for 30 minutes. I could be wrong on that though.

"Hello? I want Ariel at Room Number ___ at the Contemporary at 1:00 a. m. tonight. . . . $600 for 30 minutes? . . . I see. . . How much for Esmerelda, too? . . . Is Jessica Rabbit working tonight? Yeah, yeah, I'll have the cash. *click* "

*faints*

KrazyKemp

MKCP 1985 said:
"Hello? I want Ariel at Room Number ___ at the Contemporary at 1:00 a. m. tonight. . . . $600 for 30 minutes? . . . I see. . . How much for Esmerelda, too? . . . Is Jessica Rabbit working tonight? Yeah, yeah, I'll have the cash. *click* "

*faints*

"Happy birthday to me...Happy birthday to me..."

peter11435

MKCP 1985 said:

*faints*
What about Belle?

miles1

I actually heard part of an interview on TV tonight with the Playmate of the Year. She said she worked at one time as a face character (Cinderella?)at WDW, plus a few other costumed characters :eek: Unforntunately I couldn't pay complete attention since my wife was in the room.

MKCP 1985

peter11435 said:
What about Belle?

. . . it is all fun and games until she shows up with the Sherriff of Nottingham and the Big Bad Wolf, demanding payment up front while they stay outside the door. "$400? The guy on the phone said it would be $300! Okay, okay, $400 it is - let go of my arm!"

:lol:

drew81

MKCP 1985 said:
. . . it is all fun and games until she shows up with the Sherriff of Nottingham and the Big Bad Wolf, demanding payment up front while they stay outside the door. "$400? The guy on the phone said it would be $300! Okay, okay, $400 it is - let go of my arm!"

:lol:

That's awesome!!! I wouldn't mess with Big Bad!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom