Trip Report Another Brifraz Live Christmas TR

Hello One and All and Welcome Aboard!

Brifraz and @MeffysMom clan is headed to WDW for the Christmas to New Years week - seems to be happening every other year (well, at least since 2015). As much as the crowds are always over the top, the weather generally is pretty good, decorations and special celebrations are wonderful, and... most importantly... as a couple of teachers with a college student daughter, we can all get out of work/school for the week without any big issues. I'm sure that many of you following along already know the crew, but regardless here we are.

B+D Epcot 1.JPG
MK Peoplemover.JPG

Perhaps some of you don't recognize us? Or the giant wand on Spaceship Earth has you thrown off? Yup. That's us from our very first family trip in 2006. I'd say that one of us still looks pretty similar. Not quite so much the other two...
8caf39a1-7033-4660-9a0e-0f0e88c52737.JPG

That first family trip in 2006 was when our daughter was just about 2 and a half and was my (not unlucky at all) 13th trip. Pretty sure that this time around will be trip number 42 for me, which means that I plan to sprinkle some good Douglas Adams references through the Trip Report.

Most of my reports start a few weeks or even months before the trip and I lay out some plans, get some feedback, revise those plans, change everything a couple times, and then finally get to the live Trip Reporting. This time, we're going to leave you hanging just a little more and keep the plans to ourselves, letting things unfold (somewhat) live as they happen. We hit the road for our 900+ mile journey south on Thursday afternoon and drive overnight and then enjoy whatever the World has to offer for the next seven days. Sadly, this does mean that we are coming home on December 30th and won't be able to enjoy NYE at Disney, but I think we've done that enough times and perhaps the insanity of NYE crowds for fireworks was a little more than we are ready to deal with right now.

But, I'd be remiss if I didn't give you some teases about the adventure coming your way!

Crepes, Kites, a Dessert Party, a Cirque, and a fancy shmancy WDW 50th dinner. Oh, there's a whole lot more coming your way but those are a random smattering of highlights from what we hope will be another epic adventure at WDW.

You just come along with me and have a good time. The Galaxy's a fun place. You'll need to have this fish in your ear.

Last edited:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
We made it to the Boathouse today for brunch. It was awesome. We got there shortly after noon for our 12:30 reservation. We waited inside close to the gift shop as it was 43 degrees and there was no outdoor seating today. The duel piano players were great. The music was playing throughout the restaurant. Lots of familiar songs, Disney and otherwise. They even sang, “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad“ in a tribute to Meat Loaf. I had the Crab Cakes Benedict with grilled Asparagus and my wife had Avocado Toast with scrambled eggs. Both were delicious. This was our first trip to The Boathouse. It won’t be our last. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Glad you enjoyed it! Definitely one of our top restaurants at Disney (and live music never hurts).

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Very late! I really enjoyed reading this in one shot. Looked like an excellent time!

Thanks for reading! We make sure that we always have a good time. (coming from a guy who just drove 8 hours on Friday evening staying ahead of a blizzard and then 10 hours Saturday morning staying just barely west of a blizzard and can smile about it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom