Another 4-Star Hotel Planned For Anaheim (Goodbye Annabella Hotel)

BrianLo

The one at GardenWalk was already claimed as a JWMarriott, so that's taken. The architecture just reminds me of some Four Seasons that I've seen, but it also rules out the contemporary/sleek 4-Diamond brands like W or Conrad. I suppose it could be one of those Starwood faux boutiques "Luxury Collection" places that isn't branded as anything but something vaguely related to the local culture. Hilton and SPG both have several high-end divisions of luxury hotels not branded as anything Hilton or SPG, to try and take on the hipster boutique hotels the upscale, childless under-40's love.

Kind of like InBev-Anheuser creating fake microbreweries to sell beer to 28 year olds who wouldn't be caught dead holding a Budweiser at a party.

They'd probably call it something like "The Grove House - A Luxury Collection Property" or some silly name, and create a story panel in the lobby about the genteel orchard owners gathering for sociables in a stately home in the middle of the Anaheim orange groves in the 1920's. :rolleyes:

But those vaguely tropical yet mostly French Colonial mint green mansard roofs just say Four Seasons to me for some reason.

Hipster childless under 40 year old here... that doesn't look anything like Starwood's typical Luxury collection properties. Westin or Sheraton is about the only thing is speaks of from the SPG portfolio.

TP2000

Original Poster
Thanks to @Darkbeer1 we learned over in the Fair Share Tax thread that this hotel will be a Westin. It will be the first full-service upscale Westin Hotel to be built in all of SoCal in over 25 years!

Westin-Anaheim-Resort-620x330.jpg

Westin-Anaheim-Resort-AB-Feat.jpg

You can see the rooftop pool and bar in this photo. This will be a swanky place to watch the fireworks from.
Westin-Anaheim-Resort-2-AB-feat.jpg

From this article... https://www.dexigner.com/news/30416

Leveraging the resort's close proximity to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, Lifescapes will design a luxurious rooftop deck where guests can enjoy park views and nightly fireworks shows, according to Amador. "Urban rooftop decks have emerged as one of the hottest design trends of this decade, and our expertise in creating entertainment-driven, immersive rooftop environments is unmatched," stated Al Amador, Senior Principal/Project Designer for Lifescapes and the lead designer on this project. The new deck will feature ample banquette seating nestled around modern fire pits, with portable shade structures and furniture that can accommodate public gatherings as well as private parties, weddings, or corporate events. "On the roof, we plan to integrate a long, linear raised water feature with floating planters, bringing a visual texture to the deck's comfortable elegance," Amador added.

DLR92

I had a impression it will contain some shops. But I guess the front end retail space are the planned restaurant space.

Darkbeer1

I am not sure it has been mentioned, but part of the deal was the city is giving some right a way concessions on the Convention center land to allow direct access on the west end of the Hotel, so the shops might be near that pathway. The restaurant on the street should be as possible as the GardenWalk properties on Harbor, reaching convention business, tourists and locals.

DLR92

I am not sure it has been mentioned, but part of the deal was the city is giving some right a way concessions on the Convention center land to allow direct access on the west end of the Hotel, so the shops might be near that pathway. The restaurant on the street should be as possible as the GardenWalk properties on Harbor, reaching convention business, tourists and locals.

Neat, so it would be like the walkway like next to the Hiltons? lol
Do you know if the businesses next door would be engulfed with the new hotel?

Darkbeer1

The new walkway is not near the Marriott/Hilton, but from the Arena on the north side.

As for the businesses on the west of the Westin, the upscale Tiffy's and Eden Roc Inn are still standing, and no plans are in the works currently to upgrade. Here is hoping they find a way to be able to do it, or sale it to someone who can. But they didn't sell to Wincome, so they want a lot.

SSG

The permit just hit:

Received BLD2017-04679 FJS INC 1030 W KATELLA AVE New Commercial Construction: 8 story hotel. 540,696 total sq ft core and shell of a 613 room hotel. (The Anabella Hotel)

Darkbeer1

The permit just hit:

Received BLD2017-04679 FJS INC 1030 W KATELLA AVE New Commercial Construction: 8 story hotel. 540,696 total sq ft core and shell of a 613 room hotel. (The Anabella Hotel)

Much of the permission has already been approved when the city council approved the project, and the rebate. But of course, it has to be built to code.

Darkbeer1

In Last night city council meeting, it was revealed that the less than 2 acres of city land that connects the Convention Center to the new Westin has not been transferred. Sometime in November, the sale of the land at Fair Market Value will be placed for approval.

So the Convention Center and city staff will make the case for the needed transfer, but we all know that the Mayor and his sidekick will oppose it for no good reason, just because the Hotel itself got approved for the TOT tax rebate program.

Will let you know when it gets placed on the agenda.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I believe it is gone already or mostly gone.
100% a dirt pad, all the buildings have been demoed and removed. Will take pictures on Friday, since I will be next door.

That's a shame. I never got to stay there (always ended up doing the Disneyland Hotel instead), but every Disneyland trip I planned it was high on the list for non-Disney resorts...

Always got good reviews...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom