Annual Passholders can pick up a special holiday magnet at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ABQ

Not cool enough to make me schedule any time in that park though. It's a pretty desperate effort to get anyone to bother stepping foot in there, I think. Even though AP holders have effectively paid for admission anyway, still they probably aren't bothering scheduling time there, I know I'm not.

disneygeek90

Not cool enough to make me schedule any time in that park though. It's a pretty desperate effort to get anyone to bother stepping foot in there, I think. Even though AP holders have effectively paid for admission anyway, still they probably aren't bothering scheduling time there, I know I'm not.
I was planning on stopping by after work today... It's a nice night park right now to do a few rides and watch the holiday shows.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member

My wife and I are AP holders and we still love going to Hollywood Studios. Star Tours and Toy Story Mania are my favorite attractions. I love the Christmas decorations they have up there. I also enjoy the Frozen Sing-Along, Indy stunt show and our favorite restaurant is Hollywood & Vine, where we go regularly. I don't think it is nearly as bad as many here make it out to be. Yes, it is sad if you only focus on the things that are gone and how it used to be, but there are still a lot of fun things to do, especially for annual pass holders who can just go for a few hours and walk over to Epcot for the rest of the day. We're going to pick up our button this afternoon and I'm looking forward to it.

RSoxNo1

I guarantee these will be under lock and key. If it's anything like the 3 cent Food and Wine buttons they're going to need your annual pass and a photo ID. The enforcement of these types of rules really grates at me. It's the penny pinching at the cost of annoying your guests. What are they really gaining here?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I guarantee these will be under lock and key. If it's anything like the 3 cent Food and Wine buttons they're going to need your annual pass and a photo ID. The enforcement of these types of rules really grates at me. It's the penny pinching at the cost of annoying your guests. What are they really gaining here?
Exclusivity. A special perk for the AP holders they don't want non-AP holders to get. Maybe it'll trigger a few more AP purchases...

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member

They give tons of buttons away to regular guests. For Epcot's 35th they had so many buttons that I saw people grab dozens of them at a time, and for Mickey's birthday people were walking off with multiple buttons also. If they were as casual about giving out these passholder magnets then they'd run out toward the end of the window and then people would get upset. I don't mind showing my pass and I applaud them for keeping this special for passholders.

disneygeek90

I mean... it's an AP exclusive. What's the point of making AP items to giveaway if you just carelessly toss them to every guest that walks up to get one. An AP always has their card and ID on them. Not sure why this is a big deal.

raymusiccity

It seems that they'd have a lot more to gain if they made these available to all AP patrons from the surrounding states. We're up here in Nashville. It's not like we can just drop by after work to pick these up. We were just down there for 10 days in October. Seems like a missed opportunity for some free advertising up and down the Interstate for every car sporting these magnets. Why not have these available by mail? No one is going to schedule a trip just to get one of these.

disneygeek90

It seems that they'd have a lot more to gain if they made these available to all AP patrons from the surrounding states. We're up here in Nashville. It's not like we can just drop by after work to pick these up. We were just down there for 10 days in October. Seems like a missed opportunity for some free advertising up and down the Interstate for every car sporting these magnets. Why not have these available by mail? No one is going to schedule a trip just to get one of these.
Their target is probably aimed at the Florida residents/locals. The ones that can come down after work, and then maybe grab a beer or pick up an extra Christmas gift they find in the shop that they weren't planning on buying. It gets locals in the door, and more money too.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
My only issues with having to show my ID is that they write the AP names on the passes in sharpie, so mine has long since rubbed off. I wish they had a card printer that printed your name and AP expiration date on the back of the card. That would make it much easier to verify your AP is active and you are the AP holder.

disneygeek90

My only issues with having to show my ID is that they write the AP names on the passes in sharpie, so mine has long since rubbed off. I wish they had a card printer that printed your name and AP expiration date on the back of the card. That would make it much easier to verify your AP is active and you are the AP holder.
If you pull up the MDE app and show where your pass type is listed, the CM's will also take that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom