Annual Passholder Question

DisneyNut7578

Hi everyone.

I have a question. I just order our annual passes last Thursday. I was wondering how long it typically takes to get the vouchers via mail? I live in Florida, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

thanks

shoppingnut

I know when I renew mine it takes about 3 weeks to get the voucher. Not sure if local would make any real significant difference, as when the process the order, the processing is going to be pretty much take the same time.

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

When you buy an Annual Pass and get the voucher, what is the time you have to activate it in? Like we will go in December probably, and might buy APs, are the vouchers only good for a certain amount of time or can you activate them and the "1 year" start whenever I get down there?

Hope you guys have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

hokielutz

Our new AP vouchers arrived two weeks after ordering, and I'm in Virginia.

One question I have for the current AP holders is the letter says I can exchange the tickets at the TTC and the three other parks ticket entrances. I've heard that you can also visit guest services in Downtown Disney to exchange. Is the DTD option true? and if so where in DTD are they located. We are short on time the first day we arrive and need to get the AP's exchanged without drifting too far into the world.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TimonRulz said:
When you buy an Annual Pass and get the voucher, what is the time you have to activate it in? Like we will go in December probably, and might buy APs, are the vouchers only good for a certain amount of time or can you activate them and the "1 year" start whenever I get down there?

Hope you guys have fun!!!!
If memory serves me correctly there is no time limit in which you have to activate them. You can buy an AP now and activate it pretty much anytime you wish.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Master Yoda said:
If memory serves me correctly there is no time limit in which you have to activate them. You can buy an AP now and activate it pretty much anytime you wish.

Yes this is true. Since I renew my pass at the end of August and generally don't activate it until December and have never had a problem.

Upvote 0

Denscott

Master Yoda said:

We're planning on going in 2.5 years when the little guy is 4 years old...will the vouchers still be good to activate that far in the future? It'll be great to get them early and avoid the annual pass price increase!

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
As far as I know, they will still be valid. The only limitation is that the AP's won't be valid for admission to any theme park opened after April 1, 1998.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Denscott said:
We're planning on going in 2.5 years when the little guy is 4 years old...will the vouchers still be good to activate that far in the future? It'll be great to get them early and avoid the annual pass price increase!
From my understanding, yes. Until Disney puts an expiration date on vouchers they will be good indefinitely. If you are planning that far ahead you can save yourself a pretty big chunk of change by buying early. The longest I have personally held onto a voucher was just shy of a year however there is another forum member here (Woody13) that mentioned he purchased a number of AP vouchers on the order of 10 years ago and they still accept them without question. As always Disney has last say in this so I would double check with them before I spent $1200 on passes.

I'll put out a call to our resident expert, JPVondrake, and I am sure he will chime in and confirm or deny this.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Master Yoda said:
From my understanding, yes. Until Disney puts an expiration date on vouchers they will be good indefinitely. If you are planning that far ahead you can save yourself a pretty big chunk of change by buying early. The longest I have personally held onto a voucher was just shy of a year however there is another forum member here (Woody13) that mentioned he purchased a number of AP vouchers on the order of 10 years ago and they still accept them without question. As always Disney has last say in this so I would double check with them before I spent $1200 on passes.

I'll put out a call to our resident expert, JPVondrake, and I am sure he will chime in and confirm or deny this.

Glad to chime in...

If you purchase a NEW exchange voucher and have it sent to you, then yes, you can redeem it in person anytime in the future. Note however, your voucher technically is only valid for the entitlements available at the time of purchase. In other words, if Disney opened a 5th park by the time you activated your pass, you may not be able to visit this new park unless you purchase an upgrade. Please note the words "may not" as Disney has changed this policy in the past, and could change it again anytime in the future.

If you purchase a RENEWAL exchange voucher, then the voucher will expire 1 year from the date your current annual pass expires, even if the voucher is never activated.

If you place any type of Disney Ticket Media on "Will Call" you have 2 years to claim it, or request it to be mailed, otherwise the order will expire without refund.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom