Annual Passes

Disstevefan1

Oddly enough, I was given the option to upgrade my AP when I renewed last month.
Interesting. I wonder if the option to upgrade is only available at time of renewal of can anyone now upgrade at any time if you have an annual pass.

For example, if a resident purchases a Pixie Dust pass can they upgrade at will or must wait for renewal time to be able to upgrade?

JaxFLBear

Interesting. I wonder if the option to upgrade is only available at time of renewal of can anyone now upgrade at any time if you have an annual pass.

For example, if a resident purchases a Pixie Dust pass can they upgrade at will or must wait for renewal time to be able to upgrade?
Upgrades are currently only available when you renew.

threvester

When you're within the 60 days prior to expiration, there's 3 ways to renew that I'm aware of:

In MDE APP:
Under the menu, go to "tickets and passes" and scroll through the passes. Ones that are eligible will have a "renew pass" option under them. Select on it, and go through the motions (on the next page you may be able to select all eligible ones, ours are staggered so none renew at the same time, but it appeared it would work like that)
View attachment 683988

MDE online/Browser:
Under "MDE" at the top select "[Name] Profile" (above "my plans"), then "Membership and Passes" There you'll see the renew next to eligible profiles. The next page may act the same as above, allowing you to select multiple eligible ones.

View attachment 683987

Or you can call and give them your MDE information and do it over the phone (did this before when I couldn't find where it was online, since it's in such a weird spot (IMO) being under the profile vs. the tickets)

ETA: a 4th way if you're local or at parks w/in the 60 days prior/30 days after, you can renew at the ticket center at springs in person.
Guest relations at any park will renew as well. I do mine at MK right on main street if the booth right outside the park has a long line

payload

Awesome, thanks for the responses.

I do fall in the camp of an FL resident who purchased the Pixie last year.

Renewal is in about 4 months so was just trying to figure out the process now.

Good to hear! (Tired of being locked out of weekends)

adimond

Missed the window to renew my AP earlier this year. Do I have any recourse?

I've thought about trying the call center, but I'm not eager to spend 5 hours listening to the music loop just to finally hear a conclusive "No."

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

I've thought about trying the call center, but I'm not eager to spend 5 hours listening to the music loop just to finally hear a conclusive "No."
By how long? You usually get a 30 day grace period.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That's what was offered to me. I was given the option to stay the same or change to any of the other AP options, even the ones not available.
It is my understanding that this is intentional. Once you have an annual pass, you can, at renewal, pick any pass that is on the "current" list, whether it is available to new passholders or not. I inquired about this at renewal about 18 months ago, and the CM told me that was the policy and intent.

Raxel7851

I’ve called 3 times in December and waited no more than 10 minutes. Apparently that 5 hr thing you experience is over.

bcoachable

I’d add that I was told on my last call asking questions about renewals that the cast member had heard some rumblings/rumors of a return to AP sales starting early 2023. Let’s Bookmark this post, and let’s see if he was accurate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom