Annual Passes

PlaneCrazy1978

What was it asking?
Satisfaction with passes, if we feel valued, if we think it's worth it, do we know about any perks, were there enough perks, do we feel as though Disney has forgotten us...It was very much slanted towards how we feel Disney values us as APers. Kind of a weird survey from Disney. Both my wife and I were surprised at the tone.

KeeKee

Satisfaction with passes, if we feel valued, if we think it's worth it, do we know about any perks, were there enough perks, do we feel as though Disney has forgotten us...It was very much slanted towards how we feel Disney values us as APers. Kind of a weird survey from Disney. Both my wife and I were surprised at the tone.
That's really interesting. Seems that someone is reading the Disney forums, no? We haven't been to a WDW park since the new pricing was announced. Can't say that I've missed it either. Not being jostled around and having my possessions searched when entering has been quite nice. Definitely not renewing when the passes expire in April 2016, and we've been pass holders for at least 10 years or more. That sounds like a bit of sour grapes, and I guess it is a little. I'd rather remember good times when things were different...

DarthVader

Sith Lord
This is my first and probably only time as a AP holder. The pricing change is one factor, the other is, the idea that my family will probably doing something else in 2017.

Anyways for us, we had a couple of trips in the queue and thought the AP would be a good idea. Some of the perks didn't really pan out for us. They say you can get discounts while staying at a resort, well we were unable to secure any discounts in November because Disney had allocated a low number for the promotion. Likewise for our spring visit, there does not appear to be any available.

What they market and I've experienced is two different things. With that said, I bought the AP, not for those discounts but because it made financial sense given our two trips. We're basically saving money by going this route. I am underwhelmed with the fringe benefits though

PlaneCrazy1978

That's really interesting. Seems that someone is reading the Disney forums, no? We haven't been to a WDW park since the new pricing was announced. Can't say that I've missed it either. Not being jostled around and having my possessions searched when entering has been quite nice. Definitely not renewing when the passes expire in April 2016, and we've been pass holders for at least 10 years or more. That sounds like a bit of sour grapes, and I guess it is a little. I'd rather remember good times when things were different...

This is my first and probably only time as a AP holder. The pricing change is one factor, the other is, the idea that my family will probably doing something else in 2017.

Anyways for us, we had a couple of trips in the queue and thought the AP would be a good idea. Some of the perks didn't really pan out for us. They say you can get discounts while staying at a resort, well we were unable to secure any discounts in November because Disney had allocated a low number for the promotion. Likewise for our spring visit, there does not appear to be any available.

What they market and I've experienced is two different things. With that said, I bought the AP, not for those discounts but because it made financial sense given our two trips. We're basically saving money by going this route. I am underwhelmed with the fringe benefits though

Exactly what I was thinking when I was taking the survey. I feel as though they are going to get some very negative responses. Which makes me think they want to see just how disgruntled we are (are they so blind they don't know it? nah). Even the most hardcore of Disney fans are unhappy with the APs. Remember when they had lounges, events, etc. and actually cared? I only buy mine because I live in FL and it coincides with the 2 - 3 trips I take a year. It's more of (and it seems this way with most) a financial decision to save a few bucks. No other incentive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom