Annual Passes

CMWannabe

Hi
Can anyone help ?
I am fortunate that I am going to WDW 3 times (7 days each time) in the next year and thought an annual pass may be more economical. I am in the UK and contacted a local reseller and they say annual passes are only for Floridians. Is this true ? Or can I buy one when I arrive the first time ? Or am I better just getting a 5 day hopper ?

Thanks

Nicole

Anyone can buy an Annual Pass. There is a Florida Resident AP which is cheaper I think. You can buy them through the Disney website - or at least check out the prices there, and you can buy them at the gate. You are better off buying an AP if you are visiting Disney for longer than 8 days total in a 365 day period, and the discounts you can get during selected times at the Disney resorts can also save lots of money.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Stop contacting that local reseller as they are talking out their .

Annual Passes can be bought by anyone, though there is a Florida Locals version of it with reduced privaledges, but it is cheaper.

You can't buy them in the UK - I tried. But there is no advantage to getting them early (unless you can predict a fall in the exchange rate between now and your first visit). Just buy the pass when you get there.

Here is a page with details of the various flavours of Annual Passes, their benefits and prices:

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

I had the standard one that got you into the parks and included free parking.

Upvote 0

The cat

barnum42 is absolutely right. There is no problem buying Annual Passes from the UK. We go for the Premium Annual Pass as it includes the two water parks, DisneyQuest and Pleasure Island (and is not too much more expensive). We do a lot of these places so it means a big saving for us. Unlike b42 we phone WDW direct and pay for them before we go - but there is no need; just go to any of the ticket booths in the parks and get them there.
Have fun (not very difficult in WDW).

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

barnum42 said:
Stop contacting that local reseller as they are talking out their .

Annual Passes can be bought by anyone, though there is a Florida Locals version of it with reduced privaledges, but it is cheaper.

You can't buy them in the UK - I tried. But there is no advantage to getting them early (unless you can predict a fall in the exchange rate between now and your first visit). Just buy the pass when you get there.

Here is a page with details of the various flavours of Annual Passes, their benefits and prices:

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

I had the standard one that got you into the parks and included free parking.
Excellent job there Barnum!!!!!!!!! As per usual!!!!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

My family (before we moved down here) also used to go to Disney a lot. One of the things we definitely did was that we got an annual pass. They're great because they're cheaper than buying a park hopper 3 times, it's definitely a better way to save money. You can also purchase them online at www.waltdisneyworld.com and pick them up when you come here! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Just to clarify one or two points -
1) Annual Passes and Premium Annual Passes can be bought by anyone
2) Florida Passes can only be bought by those residing in Florida.
3) You can buy AP and PAP in the UK - You have to do it through Disney (either over the net or the phone) and they send a voucher which you redeem once in the USA. See www.allearsnet and follow the links to Annual Passes to see where the vouchers are redeemed. The advantage of this is that the voucher, once bought, is valid only when it is redeemed and the price doesn't go up - helps with budgeting the cost of your holiday

Upvote 0

Mom's the word

Annual passes are the way to go! We bought them this time. You can't order them on the Disney site from Canada so we bought 7 day hopper passes - at a discount - and then they applied the full price of a 7 day hopper towards our annuals. It cost about $60/ea extra and we went almost every day at some point, even if only in the evenings for coffee and pastry or to watch the fireworks. Even if we had only gone one more day the upgrade would have paid for itself. As it was my DH went with my dad and brother on the Richard Petty driving experience - they all got the discount. We saved on parking every day and were refunded for the first day - $8/day adds up quick. The boys went minigolfing - they all received the discount. My sister went to the water parks - discount. My son and nephew went to Disney Quest - discount. The upgrade took only a few minutes at the TTC and Patti, our CM, was the best. Annuals are the absolute best way to go if you plan a longer trip or more than one. Have fun.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

CMWannabe said:
Thanks very much for the help I will buy them when we get there.... can't wait 44 days to go

Thanks
Did you look into getting the AP discounts that are offered?? Are you staying on property? If so, Id call Disney and see if there are any AP rates for the time frame you are going and the hotel you are staying at. Belle

Upvote 0

barnum42

I just got an anonymous positive rating from this thread, with probably the best comment I've read:

" is my favourite British word" :lol:

Well it made me laugh - thanks for that :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom