Annual Passes

jmills006

Original Poster
Do all Florida Resident Annual Passes look like regular tickets? I thought that I could get a plastic card after I spent $380 lol. Thanks!

Captain Hank

Nope, all tickets issued by the WDW ticket booths are currently printed on a common paper stock. The only plastic tickets are issued by The Disney Store or on Key to the World cards (resort room keys).

krankenstein

I wouldn't worry about it, it takes a lot to tear up one of those tickets. I tried it with my previous AP, I never could get it to actually tear. :lol:

devoy1701

I wouldn't worry about it, it takes a lot to tear up one of those tickets. I tried it with my previous AP, I never could get it to actually tear. :lol:

yeah, they're alot heavier than regular Card Stock. I prefer them because Plastic cards tend to crack riding around in my wallet for extended periods of time. Plus the paper passes take up less room than a plastic card.

btw, hard ticket event tickets that you order over the phone also come in credit card like plastic.

Phonedave

And you can allways get a new one if you need it. In fact even if you loose it you can get a new one (or leave it at home - but then I would not know anything about that :) )

-dave

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
And you can allways get a new one if you need it. In fact even if you loose it you can get a new one (or leave it at home - but then I would not know anything about that :) )

-dave

Not sure how long that is going to be the case. I know now they are charging for replacement Tables in Wonderland cards. Something ilke $25 or $35.

krankenstein

-dave

Yep, I know. Last time I was down, my AP wasn't able to be read anymore. I went to Guest Relations and got another one. Two days later, the new one slipped out of a hole in my pocket I didn't know I had. I had to go get another one. I had 3 tickets in 2 days. :brick: :lol:

Not sure how long that is going to be the case. I know now they are charging for replacement Tables in Wonderland cards. Something ilke $25 or $35.

Interesting info Steve. How long have they been charging for those replacements?

Goofnut1980

residents

So my question is if your family was to buy you a resident annual pass and its paper and you are a non resident.. does disney put your name on it or do they check at the gates with ID each time? or never? thanks all :shrug:

Eljay

So my question is if your family was to buy you a resident annual pass and its paper and you are a non resident.. does disney put your name on it or do they check at the gates with ID each time? or never? thanks all :shrug:

Here's what would happen.
Your family would be given a voucher, not a real ticket.
Then you would have to cash in that voucher at Guest Relations.
They would ask to see your Florida ID.
If you had a FL ID, they would put your name on the ticket.
If you didn't, you would be embarrassed and would be stuck with a voucher that you can't use. :hammer:

Disney has it all figured out. :animwink:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought the same thing.This is what I get for 400$.
Believe it or not the mylar tickets are actually more durable then the plastic ones in every way with the exception of water resistance. The plastic tickets will easily demagnetize, the printing rubs off of them quite easily and they are prone to cracking.

brent2124

-dave
You could also get a new one just because you dont like the character in the back. I went with my mom to get her ticket at Guest Relations at EPCOT and she got Mickey, I commented that anything was better than my Incredibles ticket to which the CM said " I can take care of that!" She printed me a new ticket and asked if it was ok or if I wanted a different one. She was definatley one of the best CM i have experienced at WDW.

Rob562

Believe it or not the mylar tickets are actually more durable then the plastic ones in every way with the exception of water resistance. The plastic tickets will easily demagnetize, the printing rubs off of them quite easily and they are prone to cracking.

And even when it gets wet (had that happen to me once at IOA when I forgot to put my wallet in the locker and it got utterly soaked), it'll just curl up. The printing stays put (unlike all the register receipts I had in my wallet, too, whose ink ran together). And with the printing intact, it's easily replaced by Guest Relations.

As someone suggested, pull out an old "paper" ticket and try to rip it in half. It's darn near impossible (it actually kind of starts to "stretch" rather than actually tearing).

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom