Annual Passes

thewdwguru

Original Poster
What personal info shows on the pass? a picture id? etc

Also, do they check any kind of IDs when you use the pass to enter the parks?

I appreciate your help!

Moustronaut

People can correct me on this (cause I won't find out for sure until I activate mine in November), but from what others have said the annual pass is just a paper card ticket with a magnetic strip on the back with biometric info on it. When you activate your pass, your finger prints from your middle and index fingers on your right hand are encoded on the strip. You need to put your fingers on the turnstyle scanner when you insert your park ticket to verify your identify. You only need a photo id when you activate your pass.

attisb

They use a finger scan at the park. You insert your AP and they will ask you to put your hand in a box to check that you are the one that owns the AP.

CTXRover

As others have said, there is no personal information, like photos, on the tickets besides your name. The first time you use your tickets, the finger scanners at the entrance will scan your fingers (middle and index) and then "memorize" your finger characteristics as belonging to the specific code on the magnetic strip of the pass. After that, when using your AP, you will need to scan your fingers everytime and the computer will check that your prints match the code on the magnetic strip.

WORD OF CAUTION: when scanning your prints for the FIRST time, make sure to place your fingers ALL THE WAY into the machine with your two fingers tightly grasping the black divider that goes in between your index and middle fingers. Next time you enter the parks, do it this same way and you will have no problems. If you don't and precariously place your fingers into the machine the first time, you will have an incredibly difficult time placing your fingers in that same position the next time and it becomes a hassle because your pass won't let you in to the park and you have to get the attention of a CM to help you and they have to re-do your prints and the people behind you start moaning and the story continues...... Trust me, its happened to me already ;)

barnum42

The one place they do not check the bio-readings against the card is in the parking lots. So if you have an AP you are not using at the time someone else is visiting, then let them borrow it to save $7 a day parking charge. They may even bring you back something nice with some of the money they saved :sohappy:

Sulley

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought the scanners don't take down your finger prints. They just take a quick scan of your actual fingers. You know length, position, and thickness.

Wouldn't fingerprinting be considered a privacy issue.

-Sulley

wannabeBelle

Hey Sulley you are absolutely correct as these scanners do take a measurement of size thickness length etc and not your actual fingerprints. I am not sure if it would be a privacy issue, but Im pretty sure Disney wouldnt want to even be in the position to find out such as being served with a subpeona for all fingerprints on record and the name of the person they belong to!!!
As far as ID, they do ask you for Picture ID when you first buy your pass or renew it just to confirm your identity. I, as a rule of thumb, ALWAYS carry my photo license with me now when I go to Disney along with my room key and annual pass so if my biometrics scan doesnt match, I show the CM at the gate my ID, they compare to the pass and I Am in. Sometimes the scan just doesnt work, but that isnt usually the rule. If you repeatedly have problems go to Guest Relations and they will redo your handprint for future comparisons. Hope this helps....Belle

disneydata

Actually, guest relations can not reset your biometrics. Anything that has to do with biometrics is all done at the turnstiles. If your biometrics don't work, after you show your ID, we are supposed to reset it. The only peoblem is, if we reset it, it uses the reading it just got (the one that didn't work). So if you don't do it like that, it won't work again.

Biometrics can be a bit of a hassle, but it's the best method Disney can find for a quick ID check. It's that or checking photo IDs manually and that takes a LONG time ... especially when you have a huge line at the gates. Believe me, this has happened. Your best bet is to always carry a photo ID and you will never have a problem.

Nick

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom