Annual Pass

sm57co

Original Poster
My apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. Quick question on Annual Passes. If I have a family of four and buy 2 annual passes, can anyone in our family use them? Or are they specific to each family member?

Thanks -

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No they are specific to one person once used/first use. The pass will have to match the fingerprint of the one who first uses it. Fingerprint is needed at each entry just like any other ticket. :)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No they are specific to one person once used/first use. The pass will have to match the fingerprint of the one who first uses it. Fingerprint is needed at each entry just like any other ticket. :)

To expand on that, they have to scan their fingers and capture a print even if that person is two years old.

sxeensweet

Since when have children under 3 needed tickets?
They don't but have been scanning their fingerprints now. (Or parents fingerprint for the ones under 3 when entering if they refuse to give their child's print). They started enforcing this several months ago. :)

Edit:
No child under 3 gets scanned i meant to put 3 and over but mention under 3 I was meaning they get a magic band if staying onsite but no finger scan until over 3. But now enforcing finger scan for 3-9 years the last several months. Sorry for any confusion I don't know why I totally explained that wrong. It's cleared up now. ;)

Last edited:

RobidaFlats

They don't but have been scanning their fingerprints now. (Or parents fingerprint for the ones under 3 when entering if they refuse to give their child's print). They started enforcing this several months ago. :)

Wow. I don't know how I missed that one. I assume there is a post somewhere about this. I'll give it a search, but if you want to encourage my laziness and point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I found this http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...b-tourism-column-09052016-20160905-story.html
But it specifically references kids 3-9.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Wow. I don't know how I missed that one. I assume there is a post somewhere about this. I'll give it a search, but if you want to encourage my laziness and point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I found this http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...b-tourism-column-09052016-20160905-story.html
But it specifically references kids 3-9.

Yeah, my mistake. It's 3 not 2. Not that it really matters that much. It still holds up the line as parents have to take each kid out of the stroller, scan them, do it two more times because the print didn't read, flag a CM, wait for the CM to mess with it and give up, repeat for the other kids, finally get through, next family's turn.

It's a royal pain for everyone in line, especially the families with small children.

RobidaFlats

Yeah, my mistake. It's 3 not 2. Not that it really matters that much. It still holds up the line as parents have to take each kid out of the stroller, scan them, do it two more times because the print didn't read, flag a CM, wait for the CM to mess with it and give up, repeat for the other kids, finally get through, next family's turn.

It's a royal pain for everyone in line, especially the families with small children.

Ok, that's better. There is an argument that could made both in favor and against bio-metrically linking all tickets, but I can't come up with a single justifiable reason to take biometrics of a non-ticket holding infant.

sxeensweet

Thank you!! That was what I meat to explain don't know where my brain was either today. I should of caught that. The under 3 of course does not need to do that but does get a magic band if staying onsite but for tickets no scan of finger unless 3 and up. :)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Ok, that's better. There is an argument that could made both in favor and against bio-metrically linking all tickets, but I can't come up with a single justifiable reason to take biometrics of a non-ticket holding infant.

Disney made the argument that it's to prevent ticket fraud using child tickets, but if a parent registers their own print (which Disney allows) and then uses it with different kids, well that argument just falls apart.

RobidaFlats

Disney made the argument that it's to prevent ticket fraud using child tickets, but if a parent registers their own print (which Disney allows) and then uses it with different kids, well that argument just falls apart.

According to another poster it was:

"Finally and here's the reason they are doing it, Adults have been using Child tickets linked Magic bands to get into the park and because the readers were not activated for those tickets it was difficult to catch as a park greeter."

But I'll leave discussion of that for the other thread already about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom