Annual Pass

wainy

Hi

We are travelling to Walt Disney World in October, and would like to buy an annual pass immediately.

Could you please confirm if we were to buy the annual pass via the Disney website, would the pass be activated straight away, or would it start being validated from the first day of entry.

Also we currently have a 7 day parkhopper pass, with 2 Disney park days left, 4 water parks and 1 Disney Quest.

Would it be possible to exchange this pass and get a reduction on the price of the annual pass please?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Lynne
England

napnet

I know with AAA when you buy a AP they give you a ticket which you exchange at the park for an AP which is then activated, so it is activated the first day you go.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Yeah, you're buying a voucher "Good for" one annual pass when it is presented at one of the guest services areas at any of the parks (plus there's a guest services area in Downtown Disney that will accept the voucher). The ONLY disadvantage is that there's nothing on the voucher with your name or info on it, so if you lose it, theoretically, you don't get another one, but some lucky stranger gets an annual pass on your time. At least, that's the way it was a few years ago when I got my annual pass. They may have changed it since. And your pass is activated the day you enter a park, and expires at closing time, one year later. If you go January 1st, 2007, your pass expires Janurary 1st, 2008, NOT December 31st, 2007.

Upvote 0

Jen Jen

They've changed it. The voucher is connected to your identity, but number if not by having your actual name on it, but I think it does have your name on it as well if I remember correctly. I got my first annual pass for our trip last December. Don't forget to check into the "Disney's Dining Experience" as well. If you're staying for any lenght of time and plan to eat several meals at sit down restaurants, this plan could save you money. You just buy the card for $60 and get 20% off all your meals at most full service restaurants. It saved us tons!
:animwink:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you purchase an AP anywhere other than at the parks (ie Disney sore, on line AAA etc) you will get a voucher that will need to be redeemed at the parks for your actual AP. You year starts when you exchange the voucher at the parks. So for example you purchase your AP on 1-1-6 and you go to the parks and exchange your voucher on 6-1-6 your AP is good until 6-1-7.

This is true for all AP purchases with the exception of AP renewals or upgrades. In the case of a renewal your expiration date will remain unchanged and with an upgrade your renewal date will be identical to the day you first used your ticket..

You can receive credit on an unexpired ticket. However it is my understanding that if it is a MYW ticket and you did NOT purchase the no expire option the tickets become void 14 days after first use and are worth zip.

Upvote 0

LilRoo714

Hopefully I can clarify the unused ticket question:

As stated above, if you didn't purchase the No-Expiration option on that ticket, and more than 14 days have passed, then you do not actually have anything left on that ticket. However, if it's pre-Magic Your Way (ie it say Park Hopper Plus on the back) then you will be able to get some form of credit for the remaining time. This is a tricky transaction however and it cannot be done for you at just any ticket window. You'll need to go to Guest Relations at the entrance of one of the parks to have the ticket credited. In the morning these longs are extra long with people having ticket problems, so I would recommend getting to the park early to take care of it. There's a chance that your hotel front desk may be able to do this for you too, if you're staying on property, however, I am not certain of that. I know they do regular ticket sales, so it's a good possibility.

Not to confuse you more, but tickets like your old one do not differentiate between having a water park visit and having a Disney Quest visit remaining. They're both included in the "plus" pass. How many visits to the water park and DQ have you used because 5 visits remaining seems like a lot on one ticket.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Master Yoda said:
If you purchase an AP anywhere other than at the parks (ie Disney sore, on line AAA etc) you will get a voucher that will need to be redeemed at the parks for your actual AP.

You can also purchase a real non-voucher AP at the Orlando airpot disney stores. We've done this without problems in the past.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom