Annual Pass / Voucher Question

Hi,

I am thinking of getting an annual pass.
My step-brother is currently a Cast Member.

If we get the vouchers now we wont use them until February.
Once i get the voucher in a week or so (once he mails it to me)
will I be able to go onto the passholder website as well as recieved the room discounts or not until I activate the pass?

Thanks,

JOHN

crazydaveh

You can call and get a passholder rate and as long as it's valid at check-in, you'll be good to go. You can go validate it at DTD and go to the hotel and check-in and all will be good.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

One note - you will find the Profile section of the WDW website challenging. Just keep banging in your Green Card data until you finally figure out exactly HOW the site wants you to type the stinking numbers. Pay VERY CLOSE attention to the somewhat pathetic "example" that these sad programmers provide.
You definitely can enter your voucher information and log on before you activate the pass. I had such a difficult time with this when I got my first AP, though, that I had to email guest relations to help. It is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

You will have to activate your pass at the parks before you can get any discounts. This was my experience.

I got my first annual pass last year. And this was what I was told by a cast member on the phone when I purchased it.

The OP did not say that this was a renewal, they said they were thinking about getting a pass.

I recommend calling Disney and asking them to be sure but I don't see how you would be able to get discounts from a voucher.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

You will have to activate your pass at the parks before you can get any discounts. This was my experience.

I got my first annual pass last year. And this was what I was told by a cast member on the phone when I purchased it.

The OP did not say that this was a renewal, they said they were thinking about getting a pass.

I recommend calling Disney and asking them to be sure but I don't see how you would be able to get discounts from a voucher.

You can. You may have to show an activated pass at check-in, but you can book with just the voucher.

On the WDW site, when you're entering in your pass information, one of the passes you can select is "exchange certificate."

Upvote 0

sbkline

I also ordered APs for our next trip, and I received those voucher things, too. So I am interested to see the answers to the OPs questions as well. I am hoping to take advantage of an AP discount for our April trip. Is that something I can do over the phone, or do I have to do it online? Because when I was trying to register mine on the website the other day, the stupid thing kept giving me an error message. If I can book the discount with the voucher over the phone (or if I can get the website to work), how do I need to go about redeeming it if I must have the actual AP in hand in order to check in? Can I go to the hotel concierge and change it out for the AP and then just walk over to the check in desk? Or do I need to stop at a theme park first to redeem the vouchers before I even head to our resort?

We're staying the first two nights at the Nickelodean Suites, and then 10 nights at CBR, so I guess on one of our Nick Suites days, I can just drive to one of the theme parks and redeem the vouchers if necessary. But it would be alot more convenient if I could just do it at Old Port Royale at the conceirge desk.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

We're staying the first two nights at the Nickelodean Suites, and then 10 nights at CBR, so I guess on one of our Nick Suites days, I can just drive to one of the theme parks and redeem the vouchers if necessary. But it would be alot more convenient if I could just do it at Old Port Royale at the conceirge desk.

You can do it at DTD in Guest Relations on the Marketplace side. Easier to get in and out of there than one of the parks!

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
One note - you will find the Profile section of the WDW website challenging. Just keep banging in your Green Card data until you finally figure out exactly HOW the site wants you to type the stinking numbers. Pay VERY CLOSE attention to the somewhat pathetic "example" that these sad programmers provide.

Oh my lord, yes. I NEVER get it right on the first, second, or even third try. It's an incredibly frustrating task. Actually, for years, I wasn't even ever able to log in to the passholder site. This past year, I finally got in, but the website claims that I have a "Florida Resident Seasonal Pass." This is interesting, given that my AP is neither seasonal, nor am I a Florida resident.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I Booked our room last April for a pass holder discount and did not have the pass when I booked. I purchased my pass at Downtown Disney, very easy to do. I didn't think about my pass until I was unpacking in the room that afternoon, the front desk didn't ask to see it at check in. Of course if I didn't have it I'm sure they would have asked.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I Booked our room last April for a pass holder discount and did not have the pass when I booked. I purchased my pass at Downtown Disney, very easy to do. I didn't think about my pass until I was unpacking in the room that afternoon, the front desk didn't ask to see it at check in. Of course if I didn't have it I'm sure they would have asked.

I have never once been asked to show my AP at check-in.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We purchased APs in 2009 and received our vouchers, when I finally got the right combination on the PH web site I was able to then book with the PH discount using the voucher code. We picked up our APs the night before check in but I was never asked to show the AP once during any stay when we had it active. We actually got in under the extended AP deal and received 15 months for the price of 12. They did our son's that way as we had just moved him to FL for college and then my DHs. My CM didn't do mine that way at first but the supervisor noticed the discrepancies on my AP to theirs and she had the CM redo mine to give me the 15 months. We did four separate trips on those APs and scored a room/campsite discount each time. I miss my AP!!!!

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Yes, you WILL. You may go to the WDW website and update your profile with your "Green Card" data (your voucher). You may also take advantage of AP discounts, including Room only discounts.

Sandy and I have been passholders since 2004. Every year, we renew & get our "Green Cards" well in advance of the trade in of the vouchers for our paper (?) AP cards.

Thanks for this info! I recently got my exchange certificate in the mail for our trip in December. I was able to use the numbers from my green card to log into the passholder site! I thought I would have to wait until I activated it to log in. Thanks for posting!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom