Annual Pass Survey

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I held no punches. We bought DVC in summer of 2018 and was able to get a Gold pass for $589 that year. Cost for the DVC category is now $310 pp more with less benefits. It still irritates me they took away memory maker and want to charge $100 more for the feature.
..but everyone get 'free' parking now :rolleyes:

sheriffwoody

Yep. I am not very good with words, but I made sure they knew we were not planning on renewing. I specifically mentioned the exclusion of memory maker and how I HATE the feeling of being "nickel and dimed". I also mentioned how much we hate the park reservation system (limited flexibility) and Genie+ (unnecessarily confusing).

splashtest

Original Poster
?? You'd rather pay $25 every time you visit the parks as a passholder?
I don't ever drive to the parks. I don't live in Florida. When I'm there we stay onsite. I'm sure it's a great benefit for locals, but not for me. I'd rather the DVC tiered AP have memory maker vs Parking IMO. My issue is also that the benefits of DVC and AP are close to the same except for the themepark reservations. Price savings used to be the biggest benefit for us on the AP now that is no longer the issue.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

I don't ever drive to the parks. I don't live in Florida. When I'm there we stay onsite. I'm sure it's a great benefit for locals, but not for me. I'd rather the DVC tiered AP have memory maker vs Parking IMO. My issue is also that the benefits of DVC and AP are close to the same except for the themepark reservations. Price savings used to be the biggest benefit for us on the AP now that is no longer the issue.

I never cared about the free parking, either, until they killed the Magical Express. Because of COVID-19, we didn't feel comfortable taking DME on our trip in May, so we used that as a test run to see how we liked renting a car. It was actually a lot better than we thought it would be getting to the parks - although I didn't really like having to park at the TTC for Magic Kingdom. We upgraded to Preferred Parking most days, and it was so much better than waiting for the bus. Now, we're much more likely to pay to rent a car and skip the on-site transportation (or at least the buses) so the free parking is nice.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I never cared about the free parking, either, until they killed the Magical Express. Because of COVID-19, we didn't feel comfortable taking DME on our trip in May, so we used that as a test run to see how we liked renting a car. It was actually a lot better than we thought it would be getting to the parks - although I didn't really like having to park at the TTC for Magic Kingdom. We upgraded to Preferred Parking most days, and it was so much better than waiting for the bus. Now, we're much more likely to pay to rent a car and skip the on-site transportation (or at least the buses) so the free parking is nice.
When we went to WDW, we'd drive to any park/location EXCEPT MK. We'd bus/monorail/walk/boat there instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom