Annual Pass Sales Coming Back Soon?

vikescaper

From page 7 of today's earnings call statement...
"The increase in average per capita ticket revenue was due to the introduction of Genie+ and Lightning Lane in the first quarter of the current fiscal year and a reduced impact from promotions at Walt Disney World Resort, partially offset by an unfavorable attendance mix at Disneyland Resort."

This absolutely, positively says its over for APs on BOTH coasts!
At WDW, they are making money therefore does not need the AP.
At DLR they do not make enough money from APs
I wonder how soon until they shut down renewals for existing pass holders.

Touchdown

Original Poster
I still don’t see how they don’t. They may cost a whole lot more but I don’t think they can fully cut it off.

bhg469

I still don’t see how they don’t. They may cost a whole lot more but I don’t think they can fully cut it off.
They went almost an entire year with most of the passes being unavailable. I can't remember how long they were for sale last september but it didn't last long.

Disstevefan1

We loved our Platinum annual passes for the many years we had them, but it sure looks like it's over for the foreseeable future.

I really think other than maybe the weekday resident annual with blackouts, there will not anymore "real" annual passes unless and until for some reason, spending plummets in the parks.

It was good while it lasted.

Ayla

At WDW yes, DLR not so much but then they are currently building a new DVC tower there. Every other park chain’s execs doesn’t antagonize or despise their APs not sure why WDC does.
They're building a new DVC tower at Poly, too.

Touchdown

Original Poster
WDW is completely reliant on DVC. They need to offer APs to retain and sell them, I was inferring that DLR is not yet reliant on DVC but heading towards it.

Grumpy4196

All WDW has to do is get rid of the APs for everyone EXCEPT DVC owners and they would be fine. Locals wouldn't like it but I do not think Bob cares about them anyway.

disneyfireman

I wonder how soon until they shut down renewals for existing pass holders.
That wont happen....but new APs for someone that never had one.....not so sure that will ever happen again. They'll allow AP style visiting to DVC members...or allow DVC members to get a new AP. well see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom