Annual Pass renewal & FastPass+

mbtohill

Original Poster
Renewed my annual pass two days ago. Was told that the "old" pass is now the "new" pass and the id# remains the same. However, I am unable to make any FP+ reservations on MDE. Says I don't have a valid ticket? Any thoughts?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Renewed my annual pass two days ago. Was told that the "old" pass is now the "new" pass and the id# remains the same. However, I am unable to make any FP+ reservations on MDE. Says I don't have a valid ticket? Any thoughts?
Are you staying at a WDW resort hotel? Or stayed at one and got a previous MagicBand? If not, APs are not yet eligible for FP+.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You are S----ed, Prepare to spend several hours on phone with Disney, If you are lucky they may be able to fix, but dont get your hopes up.

J061112C

We just renewed ours at the 60 day mark. I got an e-certificate in the email. I was told that the e-certificate needs to be exchanges for new annual passholder cards at the parks. These new cards will need to be put into My Disney Experience manually since they will have new ID numbers.

I suspect once the new cards are put into MDE, you would be ok.

On a side note, I wasn't happy because although the new pass doesn't begin until January, they have begun taking payments out for the new pass, since it's a separate contract. This results in two payments for two contracts for next couple of months. Granted there will be no payment at the end of next year, but it would be easier just to either extend the existing contract or have the new one start in January.

mbtohill

Original Poster
Just as an update. My "new" passes are up and running. The "old" ID #'s work and I am able to make FP+ reservations for my trip in December. Maybe I just got lucky :)

lostpro9het

Just as an update. My "new" passes are up and running. The "old" ID #'s work and I am able to make FP+ reservations for my trip in December. Maybe I just got lucky :)
Did you go to a park at all to renew? I'm curious becasue we have one member in our party whose pass expires the day before we arrive so we cannot make any FP+ reservations for her. Can I renew online, get a code and link that code to that member so we may start making FP+ reservations? Going to the park to renew is not an option for me.

mbtohill

Original Poster
I renewed online, but I have a Magic Band from a recent Beach Club stay, I think that is why I can use FP+.

cinderellafan6

Did you go to a park at all to renew? I'm curious becasue we have one member in our party whose pass expires the day before we arrive so we cannot make any FP+ reservations for her. Can I renew online, get a code and link that code to that member so we may start making FP+ reservations? Going to the park to renew is not an option for me.

I have the same issue. I was told by Disney it will not be a problem. To make our fastpass+ picks and when that person gets their pass to simply copy the same reservations on my disney experience.

MeandMickey

I have some questions as well. I am not renewing, but buying a new pass to get an updated anniversary date. I cannot link any FP+ selections to my hotel reservations since it says we do not have valid passes. Will I have to wait until I get the pass at the gate to be able to select anything on FP+? If so, that totally stinks since most of the ride times will have been booked. Disney has to understand that some people will not buy tickets until they get there. What options do I have other than purchasing the tickets online and using the voucher to attach to my reservations? I do not have a MagicBand from a previous trip, but I was able to customize new ones for our stay in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom