Annual Pass Rates?

mellybear

Original Poster
Would anyone happen to know what dates they are up to for passholder rates... I couldnt find anything about it on the site..! Thanks much!:veryconfu

Rob562

mellybear said:
Thanks! I am looking for christmas thru new years..!:)

As the FAQ on Mousesavers says, as far as they know there have NEVER been discounts between 12/27 and 12/31 (and not often on the 25th and 26th). It is *the* busiest time of the year and Disney can fill the rooms to 100% at Rack Rate and have no need to offer discounts. The only way to get a discount would be to see when the discounts (if any) end in December and check in by that date. You then get the discounted rate throughout your stay. So if the last day of a discount is 12/23, you'd have to start your vacation on that date. Otherwise, no discounts.

-Rob

mellybear

Original Poster
On my last christmas trip, we checked in on Dec 23 and checked out on Jan 2nd into the Animal Kingdom Lodge and that was a Savanah View and it was $139.00 a night w/ tax. That was in 2003, we have not been for christmas since then..! and that was with our annual pass rates. :)

natalia1681

mellybear said:
On my last christmas trip, we checked in on Dec 23 and checked out on Jan 2nd into the Animal Kingdom Lodge and that was a Savanah View and it was $139.00 a night w/ tax. That was in 2003, we have not been for christmas since then..! and that was with our annual pass rates. :)

Wow, that is a GREAT rate!:D

mellybear

Original Poster
I guess you dont get a discount for christmas anymore.. since they are booked as someone had informed me earlier. So it no longer pays for me and my family to be annual pass holders.. We can get the food and fun package for 10 days for $4,200.. Thats with room, food, 10 park hoppers and fun tapped on! thats not a bad price for a family of 4. Its christmas so we are going to spulrge a lil..! :animwink:

prberk

One very important note about New Year's: If you are staying past January 1, book a SEPARATE RESERVATION starting that date (when the rates drop). Otherwise you will be paying the bloated HOLIDAY rate (based on check-in date) all the way through the end of your stay.

They will let you stay in the same room. You just have to send one person to the counter and check out, then check back in. I have done this twice. They know about it and will anticipate it if you tell them at first check-in.

Your rate is based on the nightly rate at the date of check-in. The "holiday" rate period is the highest of the year (with or without discounts), and the regular January rates are the lowest of the year. Your rate will drop about 40%, in my experience, from December 31 to January 1, but only with separate reservations.

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom