Annual Pass/FastPass Situation

DisneyPhD said:
I am sure they have their reasons, but them seem to escape me. Espcailly when the voucher was pastisic. I thought it was to save money since they aren't making as much on the AP members by park entery. But they make money on us, oh yes they do. More visits, more hotel rooms, more spending.

The whole suggestion that Disney doesn't make money on Annual Passholders is quite silly. We may not stay at Disney resorts (although many do, I'm sure) but we eat at their restaurants, buy their merchandise, and, most likely, visit WWWAAAYYYY more than the average guest.

I, for one, would like to collect all the money Disney has made on me for just this year alone! :) I'd be a very rich person!!!! ;)

Sorry, re-read your post! I see that you're saying that Disney doesn't make as much money on APers for park entery. That, I'm sure, is true. But, I think we probably make up for it in the restaurants, shops, etc.

Pixie Duster

ThreeCircles said:
The whole suggestion that Disney doesn't make money on Annual Passholders is quite silly. We may not stay at Disney resorts (although many do, I'm sure) but we eat at their restaurants, buy their merchandise, and, most likely, visit WWWAAAYYYY more than the average guest.

I, for one, would like to collect all the money Disney has made on me for just this year alone! :) I'd be a very rich person!!!! ;)

Sorry, re-read your post! I see that you're saying that Disney doesn't make as much money on APers for park entery. That, I'm sure, is true. But, I think we probably make up for it in the restaurants, shops, etc.

Ok time to make a new thread...

STGRhost

bhg469 said:
then why am i able to tear up my ticket when i was done with it, the magnetic strip is the only part that is mylar. although i do confuse easily.

You can tear up your tickets? Wow...I was only able to cut them with scissors when I needed to throw them away...

I'd like to verify Pixie Duster's explanation for why all ticket media is the same. Also, Gail is right on in saying that the "paper" tickets you get at WDW are far more durable than one might expect a paper ticket to be. The problems we dealt with in GR, in reference to APs, were losing them, demagnetizing them (which I have never spelled out before - looks odd), and occasionally taking them on water rides or, worse, through the laundry. All very easily replaceable

As far as the new tickets/media, one of my best friends, who still works in GR, is a trainer and has been working overtime like crazy to get everyone ready for the "go-live" on the 2nd. She thinks the new ticketing system will be VERY nice, once they get past the initial craziness. And they've updated the computers (Touchscreens! I'm so jealous!), so it's possible the ticket media will change, too (I didn't ask). I thought it sounded awful, but she sounds very excited about it, so I can't wait to talk to her that week, to hear how everything is going!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I don't advocate using the magic button... but I also don't advocate CM's jumping on him for pushing it. Attractions CMs, contrary to what Disney has told you, there ARE exceptions to every rule (except those involving liability), and you are free to excuse someone for breaking a rule here and there.... like this time.

This example of common sense has been brought to you by the letter R.

egionet

markc said:
While I'm not advocating using the "special" button to get additional fastpasses, I will say that by using it you will NOT get kicked out of the parks or even reprimanded. One of my friends, who worked there a year ago, had said that Disney's policy was to "look the other way" unless of course a guest was printing out about 50 of them and were holding up a line. The amount of guests who even know about the button is so little that it's never been an issue (however once they figured out that some people knew about it, they did decide to utilize a "lock" feature on the button about a year after fastpasses were first introduced). Additionally, even if 10 guests use the button to get passes per hour, often that number is offset by another 20 who elect not to use their fastpass, so there is little to no effect for the rest of the guests who are playing by the rules.

Lately CM's have been rather lazy about locking the buttons, and some of the machines are even offline from the main ticketing systems so the chance to get multiple fastpasses is there (which is why the original poster was able to get tickets from the Splash Mountain FP machines with an "invalid" form of ticketing, and often this is the case with the Jungle Cruise as well).

Actually attractions CMs are not told to "look the other way." As of when I left my CP in the summer, it was the completely opposite. They tell you to report those who are trying to abuse the system. Now, you certainly wouldn't report someone like the original poster because it was just an accident that he realized that button was there. Also in the other situtions where he got the tickets, they were out and availible to him due to a ticketing situation thoughout the park. But there are the guests who just find the override machine and use it all day. They are taking fastpasses from those who may want one later in the day when all the fastpasses are gone. They kinda stole the fastpasses away from others because the cheated the system. If they are caught they could very well get kicked out of the park. Is it likely? Not at all. What will most likely happen? The CM will take the fastpasses away from them and make them use their tickets like everyone else. No it's not nice, but I know I had to do it a couple of times, and most CMs do. I would just suggest for everyone to not do it, and everything will be just fine :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom