Annual Pass Dining Discount?

Brittany--

Original Poster
Can anyone elaborate on how this discount will work with parties of 5 people? I see that it applies to the AP holder and up to 3 guests. If there is a 5th person at the meal, will their bill have to be separate?

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I know this doesn't help with your original question, but there is also a dining card, Tables in Wonderland, that will cover 10 people and includes alcohol and gratuity with 20% discount to the meal, plus a bunch of other benefits. It does cost $150 for Walt Disney World Resort Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members, $175 for Florida residents for 1 year.

Hcalvert

I know this doesn't help with your original question, but there is also a dining card, Tables in Wonderland, that will cover 10 people and includes alcohol and gratuity with 20% discount to the meal, plus a bunch of other benefits. It does cost $150 for Walt Disney World Resort Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members, $175 for Florida residents for 1 year.
From my understanding, the TIW card doesn't include gratuity and an automatic 18% gratuity is charged regardless of table-size.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From my understanding, the TIW card doesn't include gratuity and an automatic 18% gratuity is charged regardless of table-size.
This is correct, but the only way that is a negative is if you are tipping at a lower rate than 18%. You can also speak with a manager if you wish to tip less and they will typically adjust it.

TIWL can be a good bit better than the AP discount, but you need to run the numbers to confirm. TIWL is accepted at a lot more places, covers more people with fewer restrictions, and does not have the on again off again problem that the AP discount has.

Hcalvert

This is correct, but the only way that is a negative is if you are tipping at a lower rate than 18%. You can also speak with a manager if you wish to tip less and they will typically adjust it.

TIWL can be a good bit better than the AP discount, but you need to run the numbers to confirm. TIWL is accepted at a lot more places, covers more people with fewer restrictions, and does not have the on again off again problem that the AP discount has.

I didn't think it was a negative, just the other poster said it was included in the discount, which is not the case. I have always had a problem with automatic tipping percentage. From what I observed at the Biergarten with a family that shared a table with us and used TIW, it is highly uncomfortable to call a manager and explain why they did not want to tip 18%. At the time, I was uncomfortable as they were trying to elicit my opinion on the server. However now, I kind of sympathize with them as I found out later that the server charged our room for the other family's tip amount (which was substantially more due to their alcohol consumption) and I had to sort it out when I noticed and explained the situation.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom