Annual pass dining discount blockout

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Greetings and Happy New Year everyone!

I just got back from a lunch at Nine Dragons and I was told that that the dining discount isn’t applicable today. My server wasn’t able to explain, so I spoke with the manager, and he told me that since today is a major public holiday the dining discount isn’t applicable. He then told me to check the fine print, to which I responded gently that if this is the kind of thing that has to be buried in the fine print then it’s just simply wrong.

I went to the guest relation and they did confirm that there are blockout dates for the dining discount (but none for the merchandise which makes this policy even more bizarre)

Am I the only one who didn’t know this or is this a well known thing? (Even the cast member had to check with others before confirming with me) Or are they mistaken?

Last edited:

Raxel7851

I did not know that either. I do now though. I did know some restaurants in Disney Springs do not accept the AP discount. We ate at Chicken Guy’s and they didn’t give the discount. It sounds like the manager may have been a little snippy.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Greetings and Happy New Year everyone!

I just got back from a lunch at Nine Dragons and I was told that that the dining discount isn’t applicable today.

That's correct, it's always been that way and is listed under the passholders discounts.

Chi84

Premium Member
Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that I looked through that page, skimmed the first 20 or so restaurants and assumed (yes, I know) that they all said pretty much the same thing or just clarified the amount of the discount.

I'm no stranger to fine print or the need for it, but I'm kind of with the OP on this one. It wouldn't have killed Disney to put in a line at the top saying please note some restaurants exclude major holidays, especially where so few of them do so. Telling a customer to "check the fine print" is not a good look. Just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom