Announced Today!! Star Wars Weekends Extended!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Dizknee_Phreek said:
Then they had the Indiana Jones gift store turned into a SWW gift store (which highly upset me because I love that gift shop!) which was also guarded by CM's...it was a 45 min wait just to even get into the gift shop to even look around!
Consider yourself lucky. I wound up waiting in a line for 4-1/2 hours on opening day this year to get the LE merchandise. After the success of SWW this year it is a pretty safe bet that they will continue.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Sapphire said:
WOOHOO!!! My roomie who is a *cough* friend of the Stormtroopers *cough* came home today and told me that it was announced today that Star Wars Weekends will last an extra two weekends. Now, instead of June 12th as the last day, it will now be Sunday the 26th.

It was also announced previously that this would be the last year for SWW. But since the turn out has been in record numbers this year...they are reconsidering that. So, Take advantage of those extra days & visit Guest Relations on your way out...let them know how much you love SWW!!!
oh woooohooo i'll be there!
yay

Goofy4WDW

Sapphire said:
If you can get a chance to check it out...DO IT!!! Be sure you get there early, not because of the crowds or anything, but because in the morning the Stormtroopers are on the roof of the turnstiles and they heckle the entering guests. Out of everything to see there, that is always one of my fav moments to watch. It's just a nice touch to let you know that things inside will be a little different than a usual weekend at MGM!

I have a picture on my desktop of those StormTroopers. As soon as I'm allowed (since I'm a newbie), or as soon as I figure it out, I'll post it. I was there May 15th-May 26th.

Chernabog

Disneyfan1981 said:
There is rumors of the original film being re-released into Theaters and call it a hunch but I think that's when we'll get the new Star Tours ride completed.

The word I've heard officially is that the movies will be re-released in 3-D format. I'm not sure if it's all six being re-released or just the new ones or what. But i agree that Disney should really try and stick it out till at least 2007 for the 30th anniversary. I've been 3 times now and have loved everyone and would definatly make the trip next year if it was continued. I urge everyone to send in letters to Disney and let Guest Relations know how much you've enjoyed them if you've gone.

col

star wars weekends

i stayed in a disney hotel recentley for two weeks and decided to go to Disneys MGM Studios one weekend-even though i had been there before to see what the Star Wars weekends were like and even though im not interested in star wars i was so happy that i went as it turned out to be one of the best days of my life i totally enjoyed it. I decided to go as I thought that i would never get an opportunity like that every again. Im also going in December and im really excited as to what WDW will be like as ive never been in december before.

Dizknee_Phreek

Master Yoda said:
Consider yourself lucky. I wound up waiting in a line for 4-1/2 hours on opening day this year to get the LE merchandise. After the success of SWW this year it is a pretty safe bet that they will continue.
A more patient person than I, you are, Master Yoda. Though, I went to MGM Sunday night of the first weekend, so SSW was already over, but the store was still open, and still had SSW stuff, and there was no wait to get into the store...it was absolutely packed, though. And then my sister and I went Friday morning on the 2nd weekend (when they had the actual store blocked off), so we just waited in line for ST for about 10 min. and got in the store that way. And my dad found a small SSW stand just outside Backlot Express (on the ST side), which apparently very few people knew about, because he went right up to it.
Did you get a Darth Mickey, or were they sold out by the time you got there?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Dizknee_Phreek said:
Did you get a Darth Mickey, or were they sold out by the time you got there?
Yes I did get a Darth Mickey. Darth Mickey was the only LE item I really wanted. The other items I wanted (poster, shirt and coffee mug) were available at other locations and I picked them up earlier in the day. The attendance at SWW this years is just insane but at least it increases the probability that they will continue in the years to come.

Master Yoda said:
Yes I did get a Darth Mickey. Darth Mickey was the only LE item I really wanted. The other items I wanted (poster, shirt and coffee mug) were available at other locations and I picked them up earlier in the day. The attendance at SWW this years is just insane but at least it increases the probability that they will continue in the years to come.

Mouseplanet has a link in their WDW update where you can order a Darth Mickey online through June 26th. It is from Disney galleries, and you are allowed to order a maximum of 2 for $12 each, plus $8.95 shipping. I ordered mine on Monday. They will be shipped out in late September or early October according to the website, but my credit card has already been charged. The disney website said they would no longer be available in the parks. Considering some are going for $40 on ebay, this seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

JeffH

Episodes 7-9, what are we missing?

When George Lucas gets bored, he'll make the final trilogy.
After the first trilogy, he said he was done, then he got divorced, had some time on his hands and made 3 more...who's to say he won't do it again?

Dizknee_Phreek

PoohBear071870 said:
The disney website said they would no longer be available in the parks. Considering some are going for $40 on ebay, this seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
Yeah, the first weekend was the ONLY weekend that Darth Mickey was available in the parks. I went the 2nd weekend, and from what I heard, they had completely sold out of them the 1st weekend! I actually like the Jedi Mickey better. ...when will they ever come out with Han Solo Mickey, or Leia Minnie? :animwink:

mhead

JeffH said:
When George Lucas gets bored, he'll make the final trilogy.
After the first trilogy, he said he was done, then he got divorced, had some time on his hands and made 3 more...who's to say he won't do it again?

The difference is that there is no final trilogy. Lucas never intended to have the story continue past Return of the Jedi. The prequel trilogy did already exist in his mind, although it was just a broad conceptual framework.

Dizknee_Phreek said:
I actually like the Jedi Mickey better. ...when will they ever come out with Han Solo Mickey, or Leia Minnie? :animwink:

Yeah, I like the Jedi Mickey better as well. Hopefully, I will be able to get one of those in the park on the 24th. If not, I'll get one on Ebay. They don't seem to be going for the high price the Darth Mickey is. A Han Solo Mickey or a Leia Minnie would be great!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PoohBear071870 said:
Mouseplanet has a link in their WDW update where you can order a Darth Mickey online through June 26th. It is from Disney galleries, and you are allowed to order a maximum of 2 for $12 each, plus $8.95 shipping. I ordered mine on Monday. They will be shipped out in late September or early October according to the website, but my credit card has already been charged. The disney website said they would no longer be available in the parks. Considering some are going for $40 on ebay, this seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
From my understanding they spiked as high as $120 on ebay before the announced that they would be selling them at Disney Galleries. One tidbit of information I would like to know is if the Darth Mickeys available online will have the same LE markings on them or will they be reproductions like the Jedi Mickey that was available this year.

Master Yoda said:
From my understanding they spiked as high as $120 on ebay before the announced that they would be selling them at Disney Galleries. One tidbit of information I would like to know is if the Darth Mickeys available online will have the same LE markings on them or will they be reproductions like the Jedi Mickey that was available this year.

I think that they will be the limited edtion ones. When Mouseplanet posted the link, and I connected to it, they said that you had to order by June 12. When I checked out the link yesterday, it was changed to June 26, the last day of the star wars weekend. It could be just a coincidence, but I don't think so.

CaliSurfer182

While I was at SW weekends last sunday, I heard that they were planning on bringing more SW celebs to the "new" last two weekends, but I can't find anything about this on the web or any where else. I was told that the one for this weekend is the blue female jedi, but I don't know what her name is. Does anybody else have any info on this or any clue to the validity of this?

mkepcotmgmak

CaliSurfer182 said:
While I was at SW weekends last sunday, I heard that they were planning on bringing more SW celebs to the "new" last two weekends, but I can't find anything about this on the web or any where else. I was told that the one for this weekend is the blue female jedi, but I don't know what her name is. Does anybody else have any info on this or any clue to the validity of this?

there will be celebs there... they are listed on the starwars.com website in the community section... if i had more time i would go find them...

A friend who works SWW told me that this could possibly be the last SWW, which i don't know how much i believe it or not... being so successful...
BUT... all of the marketing for the weekends was left the same, not extending the advertising out for two new weekends... which could cause two added weekends, not pulling in huge amounts of people, leaving the pencil pushers to 'do away with it'...

my friend said that a manager told her they were thinking of cutting it, and elaborating much more on ESPN Weekends...

??? no idea how much truth this rumor holds though... seems like SWW makes a lot of money for the studios, but maybe not enough?!?!?

askmike1

CaliSurfer182 said:
In case you don't want to read this whole page... the sparknotes version is that the first extended weekend will have Amy Allen(Aayla Secura) & Mathew Wood(General Grievous). The second weekend will have Jake Lloyd(Episode I Anakin) and Warren Fu(from art department).

-Michael

VillainFan

I really hope to God that they won't end SWW. I watched the SW movies JUST because I knew I would be there during SW and I just fell in love. The movies are wonderful and the event is incredible fun. I could just sit around all day and watch Aurra Sing and the Storm Troopers staring people down. It's too much fun!

Miss Bell

PoohBear071870 said:
Yeah, I like the Jedi Mickey better as well. Hopefully, I will be able to get one of those in the park on the 24th. If not, I'll get one on Ebay. They don't seem to be going for the high price the Darth Mickey is. A Han Solo Mickey or a Leia Minnie would be great!

Anybody know if the Jedi Mickey is still in the park--I ordered my Darth online, but I'll be in the park this weekend and would rather have the thrill of buying my Jedi Mickey there, if I can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom