News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MrPromey

Look at the Little Mermaid ride. While the biggest problem there is that it's just not a good attraction in general, the facade and queue also set expectations that you're about to ride a major E ticket. That exacerbates the issue. Having that sort of build up for a flat ride would almost certainly hurt guest satisfaction due to the expectations game.
I think we have data to back this up, too because they took a very different approach for it in California Adventure and that exterior does seem to set expectations more clearly up front.

It's still the not-exactly-great ride* out there that it is here but people out there at least seem to better appreciate it on the merits of what it was meant to be than they do here in FL and I'm entirely certain that has to do with the different approach to the exterior and queue leading to it.

*Yes, I'm trying to be kind.

ppete1975

And we're back to...
I agree more c tickets are needed, but thematically there should be a fit. Teacups doesnt scream mary poppins to me. There are other C b or even A ticket ride systems that would fit better. The carousel was historically an A ticket.
Look at 3 cabs a ride i love, is great because its its a walkon in a busy area that needs more rides. Thematically though it fits the pavillion, and the 3 cabs story. My opinion only.

I think where peoples frustrations lie is the fact that build time takes forever, nothing new has been announced in forever, and we know disney CAN be innovative.

OF course if you go back in your way back machine when this was announced we were supposed to be getting in a 5 year realm 2019-2024 a mixture of everything. With more that would be announced yearly.

Then the pandemic happened.
Had mary poppins not been cancelled with everything that we opening at the same time, and stuff that would have been announced, it would have been great especially with cherry tree lane.
Instead things were cancelled, took too long to build, nothing new has been announced, so it seems more lackluster than it would have if the pandemic and other changes hadnt occurred.
A ticket
new films for china canada and france
B ticket
play pavillion
C mary poppins
D ticket mickey and minnie runaway railroad
ratatouille
E ticket guardians of the galaxy
Tron

Also epcot broken into 4 neighborhoods and reinvented moana walk through, space ship earth rebirth,
(we got the neighborhoods and a construction zone)

Dont forget...
space 220
galactic starcruiser
main street theater
skyliner
galaxy edge

And I might be forgetting things.

This should have been a 5 years of rebirth with continuous improvements and announcements yearly. Instead things were cancelled, took too long, and there is crickets on what is next.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What if tea cups were umbrellas? Would that sway anyone's opinion?

Same ride type, but umbrella vehicle with talking parrot handle. At center sits a large weathervane that shifts (Winds in the East) causing ride vehicles to change rotational directions. Admiral Boom cannon fire at start.

Last edited:

No Name

What if tea cups were umbrellas? Would that sway anyone's opinion?

Same ride type, but umbrella vehicle with talking parrot handle. At center sits a large weathervane that shifts (Winds in the East) causing ride vehicles to change rotational directions. Admiral Boom cannon fire at start.
I prefer the irony of it being an exact copy of the other ride but with slightly different-looking teacups. It’s so uncreative it’s kind of funny. For example, I’d like TriceraTop spin better if it were “Bing Bong the Flying Elephant” instead!

1B79B04E-9FF8-4B65-AA4B-A1717DBED35D.jpeg

gorillaball

Partially the company, partially the guests. You'd be surprised how much guests don't know even with the level of marketing Disney does. Disney sets a high expectation (or used to) with everything it does so someone that doesn't follow them close enough just thinks it'll be amazing.
Same person probably thinks the cheeseburger they get at McDonald's will look just like the picture.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
China is getting a new movie... eventually... last I heard sometime in 2023. (The "seamless" CircleVision)
They've been getting that movie for years now. ;)

But I don't see it ever happening in today's geopolitical situation. Rightly or wrongly, Disney will be pilloried for cooperating with all the bad things that China is doing if they update the movie. It will be seen as propaganda.

Disney is also belt-tightening right now to appease Wall Street. There's little to be gained for the expense of refitting that theater.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

But I don't see it ever happening in today's geopolitical situation. Rightly or wrongly, Disney will be pilloried for cooperating with all the bad things that China is doing if they update the movie. It will be seen a propaganda.

Disney is also belt-tightening right now to appease Wall Street. There's little to be gained for the expense of refitting that theater.
Maybe if it’s a TicToc video…

abaker1975

As cheap as this addition looks I can't believe this was cancelled. Not cancelled for something better but cancelled with nothing replacing it. How cheap can they go?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As cheap as this addition looks I can't believe this was cancelled. Not cancelled for something better but cancelled with nothing replacing it. How cheap can they go?
It was put in 'indefinite delay' at the start of the pandemic when no one knew how that would affect the company or require drastic actions like selling off assets or declaring bankruptcy.

To get Poppins done, it has to re-enter the budgetary approval cycle. And right now, that is tight thanks to Wall Street demanding that streaming become profitable sooner than expected so they get their dividends back. In an era of lay-offs, its unlikely Poppins will be re-greenlit for two more years.

Last edited:

J4546

But I don't see it ever happening in today's geopolitical situation. Rightly or wrongly, Disney will be pilloried for cooperating with all the bad things that China is doing if they update the movie. It will be seen as propaganda.

just curious not meant to be smarmy, but what are all the bad things china is doing?

EPCOT-O.G.

A C ticket seems underwhelming, and the park may very well need one. But the IP and the pavilion deserve so much more. Imagine if they “only” gave Tiana a spinner ride, for example.

The problem is it is going to cost as much as a D ticket with a queue deserving of an E ticket. And that expenditure wouldn’t have happened in a bucket - it’s money that could have been used elsewhere in the park (eyes glance over towards JII and M:S)

J4546

park def needs more c tickets.

I know a lot of people wont agree but id be chill with a carousel in the garden area honestly. Something classic, well designed and ornate. And maybe possibly not costing much compared to other projects.

Id like to see something major happen in the 2 other corners opposite RAT and Cosmic Rewing. Something between Land and Seas like a Camp Discovery mountain climbing rope course with a river rapids ride going around it perhaps. That way you get an example of land and sea coming together for 2 attractions. And then something in the south east quadrant by the backstage harbor area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom