Anniversary visit without the kids!

angelsteve

My husband and I are visiting the first week of February for our anniversary, without our children. We usually visit the first week in December with our children and always stay at POFQ. We are trying to decide if we will stay at a value resort, or continue with POFQ. We will spend most of our time in the parks, and really doubt that we will do much swimming at all. We really love FQ, but do not know if it will be worth the extra money. Also, i am wondering about the crowds compared to our usual December trip which have became increasingly more crowded. Any thoughts???

MickeyTraveler

I don't think crowds will be that bad when you are going. As for the resort, I'd stay close to places you want to be. For us, we stay in the Boardwalk area because we like being close to those parks. If you've never had a problem at POFQ then why switch?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

well, if by staying at the Values you could do something 'extra' then I'd stay at the values. I'd say the time you are going you should be good with the crowds. We've stayed at all of the values, some of the mods and OKW, Boardwalk and Yacht. In the spring we stayed at Pop and had a great trip. No issues with the room, buses or crowds and this was the week right up to Easter. We knew that spring trip we would be at the parks from early entry to closing so the room was great.

In just a few days we will be checking in at the Yacht Club to celebrate our 15th anniversary (but we will have kids w/us). We know it will be hot and the crowds will be heavier. We plan on getting up early for emh's and then going back to swim at the Stormalong Bay during the heat of the day and going back to the parks after our break. For those reasons we opted to go for the Yacht club. We wanted someplace that was close to the parks, gave us a bit more room to spread out and had a nice pool area for relaxing and cooling off. With the passholder discount it was a no brainer where we wanted to stay on this trip.

Knowing that you will be spending your time at the parks you should be fine at any of the values. Have a great anniversary!

Upvote 0

angelsteve

Original Poster
Thanks, I feel a little guilty, but i honestly feel that I may be a bigger disney fan than my kids. I am looking forward to a chance for my husband and I to explore the areas we want without having to rush to the next ride, and we will take the kids back before to long. I really hope they offer some good promotions for our vacation!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Oh don't feel guilty. I would love to do that but my husband's vacation time is so limited in the summer and I work for a school so I am off when the kids are off. We did honeymoon at WDW..so we got one trip in w/o any kids...enjoy and like I said, for what you're going for I think the values would be great...you'll save some money to put towards the family trip!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

There is nothing wrong with the value hotels. They aren't as luxurious or romantic as the others but they are called "value" after all. But having said that, we've stayed in them and if you're using the room to just to sleep in you'll have a lot of fun. The buildings are whimsically built no matter where you stay. It's just a matter of your preference. My favorite is the Pop Century. I loved it, my kids loved it and my DH did, too. You simply can't beat them for the price. Why not try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom