Anniverary Stamps

WDWScottieBoy

There was a set of 4 stamps released today that I'm actually on my way to the post office to get in a couple minutes. When I was there yesterday the lady told me they are sold in sheets of 20. Hope this helps you!

SewIn2Disney

I bought mine today, first day of issue. I'm going to frame it with the reciept, so I can prove they were purchased on the first day.
They were a little over $7 for a sheet, but it's really nice. On the back of the stamps is some "information"
They're really cute.

WDWScottieBoy

Alright I just got back about 30 minutes ago from the post office and bought the new Disney stamps. (I also bought the WWII stamps because I got to be there 2 weeks after it was opened.) The Disney ones are really cool, as I said before it's a sheet of 20 (5 sets of the 4 stamps). On the back of the sheet it tells about the stamp itself.

On the back of the Mickey Mouse and Friends one it says:
Mickey first appeared in Steamboat Willie in 1928, while Goofy started playing for laughs in 1932, and Donald added fuel to the fun in 1934. Since then, the pals have shared adventures and misadventures while always keeping their friendship intact.

On the back of the Mufasa and Simba one it says:
When we grow up we make new friends who share different parts of our lives. But if we are fortunate like the lion cub Simba, who idolizes his father Mufasa, our parents are our first "best" friends who anchor us with friendship that grows from love no one else can match.

On the back of the Bambi and Thumper one it says:
Irrepressibile Thumper isn't awed by Bambi's status as the "young price of the forest" but simply sees a new playmate. Generations have treasured this coming-of-age story for its natural beauty and gentle, laughter-filled depiction of childhood friendships.

And finally, on the back of the Pinnochio and Jiminy Cricket one it says:
Sometimes a friend has to play the roke of the "Official Conscience" for us. Although Pinocchio doesn't always want to hear what Jiminy Cricket has to say, the chipper little fellow is a steady, stalwart mentor when Pinocchio needs him most.

THE ART OF DISNEY: FRIENDSHIP stamps are for sale now at your local post office. Also on the back it says:

Every good story has heroes and villians, but friends play a part, too. From the friendships in Disney films, we've learned to share, trust, laugh in spite of difficulties, and sometimes, just have fun.

I couldn't have said any of it better myself, these are words to live by on here and tell us truly what Disney has done to us as a society, for the better of course!

DiPSU224

I just got home from a long 14 hour day at work and my mom surprised me with some that she got this morning! :) I plan on framing them as well!

stitch rocks

i got mine today too... i actually went in yesterday because thats what the website said and they denied me stamps... i was mad.. but my mom went today and got me 5 sheets.. so i'm on top of the world :king:

DopeyJas2004

Aren't they releasing more sets too over the next couple of years? Does anyone have any info on those sets? I think I heard something somewhere (probably here) about another set being about love i think and maybe two more sets?? (sorry my mind is getting alittle hazy) :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom