Anna and Elsa... Am I being Ridiculous?

IWantMyMagicBand

Will your daughter get excited at meeting her? If not then as a grown woman meeting a cosplay grown woman - well, I wouldn't be wasting a FP knowing my daughter would enjoy not waiting for Pooh or Small World.

EricJ

Wellll, better not get in line, then... ;)

I tend to think of all NEEDING Frozen fandom as ridiculous, so it's hard for me to say comparatively.
Meeting characters when you're not a kid is meant to be more of "playing along" with the "show", and if it becomes a psychological NEED to validate your fandom of the movie, that's some serious questions to start asking.

(And personally, thought the first MK-FPH Elsa, as seen in most of the Flickr/YouTube shots, had a nice neck. I don't usually notice that on girls, but it helps when they're dressed as Elsa.)

IWantMyMagicBand

Wellll, better not get in line, then... ;)

I tend to think of all NEEDING Frozen fandom as ridiculous, so it's hard for me to say comparatively.
Meeting characters when you're not a kid is meant to be more of "playing along" with the "show", and if it becomes a psychological NEED to validate your fandom of the movie, that's some serious questions to start asking.

(And personally, thought the first MK-FPH Elsa, as seen in most of the Flickr/YouTube shots, had a nice neck. I don't usually notice that on girls, but it helps when they're dressed as Elsa.)
Exactly! You read my mind. Not about the neck bit but I appreciate female form as well as the next man/woman. Seriously, someone needs to explain the whole grown people meeting cosplay grown people to me. I just don't get it. I haven't had a gap in when I visited Disney but between being a child and having children I wouldn't queue for characters, it felt weird.

IWantMyMagicBand

My daughter will only be 16 months and only a year now So maybe?> She doesn't completely understand yet but she might when we go
I had a 16 month old in January 2012 when we last went to Disney. Freaked out at characters. Just warmed up to after 2 more visits and being over 3 years old. Even if you get a FP you could be waiting a long time.

HRHPrincessAriel

I had a 16 month old in January 2012 when we last went to Disney. Freaked out at characters. Just warmed up to after 2 more visits and being over 3 years old. Even if you get a FP you could be waiting a long time.
Eh, not really. most things I've read(and a from a friend that went) the FP line is maybe 15 min or so.

EricJ

Seriously, someone needs to explain the whole grown people meeting cosplay grown people to me. I just don't get it. I haven't had a gap in when I visited Disney but between being a child and having children I wouldn't queue for characters, it felt weird.

I never met much characters as a kid--Too scared to go up to "big" Mickey, etc., and the photos of then-wandering characters coming into a surprise shot always embarrassed me.
And then, on the first solo trip, (this would be back in the 90's), more than one CM found it funny to kid "Eric" about asking how my girlfriend Ariel was. Okay, that did it, I had to get one picture in the Grotto (the old next-to-20KLeagues one), just to along with the joke.
After that, it was too late to stop it: While I liked watching the face-CM play the character (Ariel tends to be impulsive, jump to conclusions and get things humorously wrong), some subconscious gateway triggered the fact that I was a Mermaid movie fan, and well, never underestimate the effect of being in the presence of a character.

But that was overcoming my adult grudges, y'see, and playing along. (I tell myself. :angelic: )
Nowadays, I try to go with the situation, show the parents and kids that no one's "too old" or "embarrassed" to have fun, and play myself for a good sport depending on what mood the performer is in, but it's not some ritual that my fandom has to depend on.
(No, not even when I get Aladdin&Jasmine photos; I mean, all guys have to do that.)

IWantMyMagicBand

I never met much characters as a kid--Too scared to go up to "big" Mickey, etc., and the photos of then-wandering characters coming into a surprise shot always embarrassed me.
And then, on the first solo trip, (this would be back in the 90's), more than one CM found it funny to kid "Eric" about asking how my girlfriend Ariel was. Okay, that did it, I had to get one picture in the Grotto (the old next-to-20KLeagues one), just to along with the joke.
After that, it was too late to stop it: While I liked watching the face-CM play the character (Ariel tends to be impulsive, jump to conclusions and get things humorously wrong), some subconscious gateway triggered the fact that I was a Mermaid movie fan, and well, never underestimate the effect of being in the presence of a character.

But that was overcoming my adult grudges, y'see, and playing along. (I tell myself. :angelic: )
Nowadays, I try to go with the situation, show the parents and kids that no one's "too old" or "embarrassed" to have fun, and play myself for a good sport depending on what mood the performer is in, but it's not some ritual that my fandom has to depend on.
(No, not even when I get Aladdin&Jasmine photos; I mean, all guys have to do that.)
But as a grown person you wouldn't go through the madness of the rope drop to queue for over an hour (at least) to meet a couple of grown ups in costume? I get the on-a-whim character meets, I have done that, where by chance you stumble across a character and quickly grab the camera. But making plans to queue with kids to meet dressed up people? Definitely don't get that!

rob0519

My daughter will only be 16 months and only a year now So maybe?> She doesn't completely understand yet but she might when we go

I personally don't understand taking a 16 month old to WDW and expecting them to remember anything, whether it be a ride or meeting Anna and Elsa, but that's just my opinion. If a picture of your daughter with Anna and Elsa would make you happy, then by all means do it. The two of you will have a nice rememberance of her first visit to WDW.

mf1972

I remember being in Epcot last October before the movie came out, & there was literally a few minutes wait to see them. ahh the good ole days...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom