Animal Kingdon hidden trail

sittle

If memory serves me well, I think narrowest point with the stones was a good 8 feet, at the very least. I think the stones (3 of em?) were about 2 to 4 feet apart. Hop Skip and a jump!

I'm fairly athletic and I really thought about giving it shot, but my consience (DW) thought better of it!

Sinking rocks?? I suppose it could happen, but i don't think anything happens on Disney property without forms being filled out in triplicate and a team of lawyers being consulted twice!

JML42691

Where exactly was this enterence to this secerate path and where did it come out, just in case if I were to accidentaly push back the trees and accidentaly walk through it.

goofy11

If my memory is correct, the entrance to this path is just to the left of the FP return for ITTBAB. It was open last December, and it winds in and out of the roots of the Tree of Life. It's a nice get away from the crowds, and you can get a close up view of some of the cravings on the tree.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So, we have a couple of it's definitely open's and a couple of it's definitely closed.

I guess we just don't have a definite answer! :shrug:

dxwwf3

Back to the original question, the trail mentioned is indeed the original entrance to It's Tough To Be A Bug. You can still walk around from the old entrance, which is inbetween Pizzafari and the Africa entrance, and it leads all the way back to the area of the current ITTBAB entrance. It does have some great view of the Tree and is usually empty. It's one of my favorite places to be at an Extra Magic Hour Evening at the AK. There is not a ton of lighting in the area and you really fell like you are in the center of the park all by yourself. And needless to say, the Tree of Life looks AMAZING at night.

willythelab

discovery island trail

I was just at AK last week of April. The only portion of the trails I saw open was the paved part. It is mostly distinct from ittbab! Actually it is mostly above the winding line. There are quite a few animals on the tree of life only visible from that trail. It is totally worth it to take a few minutes on it. Good views of the river as well!

teebin

There is no hidded unpaved trail at AK any longer. It was there only when the park opened and soon dissapeared upon the completion of Asia, Kali etc. While there are some trails that may seem like they are secret to the average visitor, they are paved and all on the park map.

DigitalDisney

The original path in question is indeed one of my favorite places in all of DAK.

As mentioned above, it runs from the TTBAB queue entrance over to Pizzafari. It's usually blocked by Flik because that's close to his meet and greet area. You can easily walk around him to get to the trail.

There are some great views of the tree, the TTBAB queue, and the surrounding animals along the trail. There's also a ridiculously large catfish in the water by the Pizzafari end of the trail.

There is also another trail that runs behind the Tree of Life next to the river. It goes from the bridge to Africa all the way to the TTBAB exit area. There are some great views here, and you will go right next to a really cool waterfall. There are also some actual animal exhibits on this trail.

I recommend to hit them both, and from both directions. You'll see something new each way.

dxwwf3

As mentioned above, it runs from the TTBAB queue entrance over to Pizzafari. It's usually blocked by Flik because that's close to his meet and greet area. You can easily walk around him to get to the trail.

And if that area is extremely congested, you can always go the way that I described by starting at the original ITTBAB entrance. Sometimes there might be ice cream or soda venders there, but the entrance to the trail should never be blocked.

Rob562

I'm heading down next week, and Animal Kingdom is my first stop (to ride EE, of course). I'll make sure to take a lot of pics of the trails around the Tree of Life including entrances.

I'll also take pics of the now-closed "secret path" that is/was located between Africa and Asia, which should NOT be confused with the openly accessible Tree of Life paths on Discovery Island. Extra plants were deliberately added to close off both ends of the "secret path". The secret path was unpaved, and consisted mainly of tiny pebbles to keep the weeds from growing up. In the middle of the path was a stream, and you crossed the stream by using stepping stones. My guess about why the path was closed is either a) people were using the hideaway for not-very-family-friendly activities, or b) the path wasn't handicap accessible so they closed it off.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom