Animal Kingdom's Sumatran Tiger is Pregnant

cindy_k

200_s.gif

21538.jpg

Simba's Mom

I wonder how long before the baby is out at all? In January I was lucky enough to see the baby elephant on the very first day she was out, during the short time she was out. A CM later explained to me how babies are let out (at least the ones on the savannah). The first day, they are let out for a short time, then brought back for "vet check" to their stress level etc. to the situation, then the next day a little longer, the next day....until eventually they can be out all day. I'd love to be able to see this baby tiger.

ToTBellHop

I wonder how long before the baby is out at all? In January I was lucky enough to see the baby elephant on the very first day she was out, during the short time she was out. A CM later explained to me how babies are let out (at least the ones on the savannah). The first day, they are let out for a short time, then brought back for "vet check" to ***** their stress level etc. to the situation, then the next day a little longer, the next day....until eventually they can be out all day. I'd love to be able to see this baby tiger.
Yes. And for tigers, they stay as cubs and are usually sent elsewhere later. Granted the tiger exhibit is large and could hold several tigers, so perhaps they'll be able to keep the cubs.

Kevin_W

Wonderful! Our local zoo (Columbus) has been lucky enough to have had 3 litters of Amur Tiger cubs the past few years - they are really fun to watch growing up. I hope these stay at AKL - the tigers are the highlight of the jungle trek, and in the past couple years it's been a pretty frequent occurrence that you don't see any as the number of tigers in the exhibit decreased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom