Animal Kingdom's next attraction.....?

hammysammy59

Nemo's going in to Dinoland?

But yeah, I'd love to see some dark rides in Animal Kingdom, and I feel like mythological creatures are best suited to a dark ride--if the ride is about real animals, then why not just use real animals, you know?

I'd love to see a "monster zoo" or something. A tram that takes you through all sorts of different mythological beast exhibits. Unicorns, dragons, and all other manner of cool stuff. Of course, like with the sweet arctic ride somebody mentioned earlier, something would HAVE to go wrong, and one of the climactic scenes would be something awesome like Cerberus and a dragon fighting in the Unicorn pen.

CRO-Magnum

How about an environmentally concious ride...

...along the lines of Buzz Lightyear. Powered by solar cells and methane gas from the decomposing waste of nearby bathrooms, the ride vehicles are themed after animals on the African plain. Each vehicle moves as it's animal does, loping for Giraffes, gliding for Gazelle's, bumpy for Elephants, etc.

Then using on-board laser guns the guests get to shoot animatronic guests in safari vehicles whizzing around the interior.

Call it Wild Revenge.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hmm..new dark ride? It would be nice to see something in Camp Minnie-Mickey. A water ride ala Splash mountain as The Jungle Book. Too bad they can't put anything else on that side tho. I think the West side lacks rides.

Mr Bill

Here's an idea I had for a dark ride that would've been perfect for dinorama:

No, not a carnival ride, but a true blue Disney quality ride. It would be the center piece of Dino Rama and perhaps a ride for kids too scared to go on Dinosaur. It will be a classic dark ride called "Chester and Hester's Dino-Venture." It will probably be located at the north side of Dino-Rama near where that giant yellow Brontasaurus is. The premise is that you're going on a lame dark ride created be chester and hester themselves. You board dinosaur looking cars and travel into the attraction. You go down a dark tunnel where you hear the recorded cheesy deep voice says "And now ladies and gentlemen, prepare to travel into the most realistic dinosaur encounter on earth! The viecles enter the black-lit show building. There are lame back drops and poorly done dino animatrnics that have little movment, and emit straining machinery noises from within. Exposed wires and hydrolics are seen. A few cardboard cut-out dinos fall fall forward. A dumb sound track is playing in the backround. Then around the corner is a giant orange fake looking dinosaur that emits a roar, then boom! Its head explodes off with smoke and spark effects. Springs, and wires pop out of the place where the head used to be. A realistic looking workman with his hair standing on end under his helmet holding two broken wires peeks his head out of the reamains of the T-Rex.

Workman: Woah, must've been the wrong switch. Umm, folks there may be a few technical difficulties, but we're fixing it!

The ride continues through more dumb dino scenes, but a few more comical AA workmen a scrambling around to fix a few malfunctioning dinos. Some are desperately trying to hold up one that's about to fall over. There are more comical scenes with these workmen trying to work things out as the show litterly starts falling apart all around you. Some are dangling from ropes, pushing back up props, ect. Then an AA dino looks like its about to fall on you! The viecles makes it just in time as a large BOOM is heard behind you. And the final scene is with a workmen with stars flying around his head next to the "See ya real soon!" sign behind it.

Workman: Have a... good day. *faints*

I like it! :lookaroun

CProgression

REPLYING TO POST #09: OSI (Outback Steakhouse Inc) Restaurant Partners, LLC, headquartered in Tampa, Florida was founded in 1988 by those who believe in hospitality, sharing, quality, being courageous and having fun! OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC is a company of restaurants that owns and operates Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Roy's Restaurant, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Lee Roy Selmon's, Cheeseburger in Paradise and Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits.

If the idea caught on, perhaps a true chain from down under could be convinced to venture stateside.

But (Never start a sentence with a conjunction, I know, I know) what Australian concepts could you bring to the table... to impress a multi-billion dollar operation like Disney. Immediate thoughts on Australia are Koalas, Kangaroos, Wallabies, flightless birds, platypuses, crocodiles (I know there is a difference, but there's enough GATOR attractions in Florida already PLEASE they are free in my backyard! SEE: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=22626330-5ad9-405f-b4a0-38c93f9926c6 and yes I live in East Lake Woodlands!) Disney would want the best "UNIQUE" available to draw the crowd), wombats and desert life like lizards (I watch the Discovery Channel a lot), but what else is there? They have monitor lizards there I think and wombats too... the Pujantjajara tribe... I learned about them 4th grade (phonetically spelled to the best of my recollection- Thank you Mrs Sabra - Maplewood, NJ)... Sidney Opera House, Shrimp on the "Barbie", Crocodile Dundee, Surfing, The Great Barrier Reef, Mt. Kosicusko (Spell check me) (Australia's Highest Point - I am rock climber, yes I know trivia like that!) Ayres Rock, a place called Monkey Mia (Spell check me here) - Where you can wade into the water an pet/play with dolphins for free or at least it was free (SOURCE: Reader's Digest in the 90's)... That is all I have... People come from all over the world to Disney... What percentage of local and international travelers REALLY "get" EPCOT's structures in World Showcase... So what would make building an Australian themed area marketable... They don't want a "Prince Caspian" attraction... By the way is the 30 second shot clock up on that one yet? My kids really want to know (They are still mad about the loss of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", LOL, sigh... Kids! Gotta love 'em).

CProgression

D.A.K. RIDE CONCEPT - Another Coaster

Here's an idea I had for a dark ride that would've been perfect for dinorama:

No, not a carnival ride, but a true blue Disney quality ride. It would be the center piece of Dino Rama and perhaps a ride for kids too scared to go on Dinosaur. It will be a classic dark ride called "Chester and Hester's Dino-Venture." It will probably be located at the north side of Dino-Rama near where that giant yellow Brontasaurus is. The premise is that you're going on a lame dark ride created be chester and hester themselves. You board dinosaur looking cars and travel into the attraction. You go down a dark tunnel where you hear the recorded cheesy deep voice says "And now ladies and gentlemen, prepare to travel into the most realistic dinosaur encounter on earth! The viecles enter the black-lit show building. There are lame back drops and poorly done dino animatrnics that have little movment, and emit straining machinery noises from within. Exposed wires and hydrolics are seen. A few cardboard cut-out dinos fall fall forward. A dumb sound track is playing in the backround. Then around the corner is a giant orange fake looking dinosaur that emits a roar, then boom! Its head explodes off with smoke and spark effects. Springs, and wires pop out of the place where the head used to be. A realistic looking workman with his hair standing on end under his helmet holding two broken wires peeks his head out of the reamains of the T-Rex.

Workman: Woah, must've been the wrong switch. Umm, folks there may be a few technical difficulties, but we're fixing it!

The ride continues through more dumb dino scenes, but a few more comical AA workmen a scrambling around to fix a few malfunctioning dinos. Some are desperately trying to hold up one that's about to fall over. There are more comical scenes with these workmen trying to work things out as the show litterly starts falling apart all around you. Some are dangling from ropes, pushing back up props, ect. Then an AA dino looks like its about to fall on you! The viecles makes it just in time as a large BOOM is heard behind you. And the final scene is with a workmen with stars flying around his head next to the "See ya real soon!" sign behind it.

Workman: Have a... good day. *faints*

OK, imagine this... Asia already has it's rollercoaster all 29,000 feet worth (elevation), Yeti and all... right? So why not create a mirror mountain of adventure over in Africa (or near it)? Since Kilamajaro is the highest peak in Africa, why not do an African themed adventure coaster called Expedition Kilimanjaro? The ride theme could be one of endless concepts. An indoor only, outdoor only or both experience... A theme could have the attraction start finish in a small African airport targeting a trip around the continent by train (THINK: Jungles to deserts to South African Beaches... Congo/gorillas [animatronic], Kruger National Park, Table Rock, Morocco, Africaan villages, Pyramids... All with a small monitor in front of you (like Toy Story Midway Mania!) to show the progression of your trip (concept borrowed from trip tracking features found on airplanes)... From there you would head toward the summit with at least two good drops before the final plunge.

Another idea could utilize the conservation theme already going on in the Africa side of the park... In 2002, a study led by Ohio State University ice core paleoclimatologist Lonnie Thompson predicted that ice on top of Africa's tallest peak would be gone between 2015 and 2020. The ride could be one that educates about global warming and the effect on the flora and fauna.

Eateries near it could have a base camp/jumbo tent feel or more of the already establiished African market experience.

Overall I would love another coaster in DAK and having it reflect another mountain would be FANTASTIC! (Sorry that is the peak bagger/climber in me).

dhcalva

For an Austrailian attraction, you forgot the animatronic Steve Irwin. :ROFLOL:

For a Thrill ride in Africa... Has anyone here seen the old movie 'King Solomon's Mines' with Richard Chamberlain? There's much possibility there to make a ride out of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom