Animal Kingdom's name problem

Should Animal Kingdom consider a name change?

• Total voters

Mouse_Trap

A cartoon on Disney Channel. It's become quite popular since it's begun.

p9248224_b_v7_ac.jpg

Dam, I thought it may have been some awesome E ticket ride that we've waited the last decade for Disney to announce....I forgot for a minute that Universal has exclusivity on E tickets since 2006.

Instead it's some crappy 'wait n' grope' ordeal based off a no-doubt instantly forgettable computer animated series.

Matt_Black

Dam, I thought it may have been some awesome E ticket ride that we've waited the last decade for Disney to announce....I forgot for a minute that Universal has exclusivity on E tickets since 2006.

Instead it's some crappy 'wait n' grope' ordeal based off a no-doubt instantly forgettable computer animated series.

It's actually quite good and traditionally animated. Here's a sample-

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I personally believe that Animal Kingdom should have been named Beastly Kingdom as a whole... Sounds pretty cool..

As for this particular topic, though.. Nah. There's no need. The only park Disney has that really needs a better name is the studios, as it barely reflects the original purpose anymore anyways. Studios should really be re-named to "The-Park-That-Houses-Attractions-That-Don't-Really-Fit-In-The-Other-Parks-That-Well-Land" or "We-Ran-Out-Of-Space-In-The-Other-Parks-Lands-That-This-Ride-Would-Fit-In-Land"

Phineas

I think the name is just fine. And while I'm no fan of Avatar, I'd argue that DAK is the right choice for its placement. It's very environmental (Like Pocahontas in Space), and is heavy handed in its pro-nature message.

While we'd all prefer Beastly Kingdom(me) were going in instead of James Cameron's shallow opus, it's definitely a better fit than MK, DHS, or (God, can you imagine?) EP.

JIMINYCR

Well they could call it 'Disney's Animal Kingdom with a bit of an alien theme going on in the corner' :cool:

Maybe we wont get a name change but the signage might change. A removal of the winged Dragon and replaced by a blue alien. Sadly... more reasons for us to lose hope for a future Beastly Kingdom to come.

500x500

Animaniac93-98

Animal Kingdom should change it's name, not because of "Animal", but for the "Kingdom" part. Despite the title, the park never makes it clear what kind of sovereignty or governorship it really has. I can't imagine this sits well with the United Nations, or its Security Council.

Perhaps "Animal Home" or "Animal Residence" would be better.

Miceberg

I agree that the name should stay the same. If it changes at all, they'll mimic DCA in changing it to Disney Animal Kingdom. :joyfull:

blueboxdoctor

With the addition of Avatar, and the rumor of the Gravity Falls characters getting a m&g space, the parks name is pretty misleading. I feel like animals are now just a sliver of the parks appeal. I'm too young to remember much about the park opening (besides the "not a zoo" commercials) so I'm not sure if the park has always been this way or if its simply time for a name change. Thoughts?

While I'm not at all a fan of having Avatar in AK (should have went with the original plan of fantasy animals such as dragons and the like, you know, a timeless theme instead of a fad), the movie did have a big emphasis on the wildlife of the planet, so they basically took the better theme and switched it out for fantasy creatures from Avatar. So yeah, it still fits the original image of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom