Animal Kingdom's name problem

Should Animal Kingdom consider a name change?

• Total voters

chris chris

Original Poster
With the addition of Avatar, and the rumor of the Gravity Falls characters getting a m&g space, the parks name is pretty misleading. I feel like animals are now just a sliver of the parks appeal. I'm too young to remember much about the park opening (besides the "not a zoo" commercials) so I'm not sure if the park has always been this way or if its simply time for a name change. Thoughts?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With the addition of Avatar, and the rumor of the Gravity Falls characters getting a m&g space, the parks name is pretty misleading. I feel like animals are now just a sliver of the parks appeal. I'm too young to remember much about the park opening (besides the "not a zoo" commercials) so I'm not sure if the park has always been this way or if its simply time for a name change. Thoughts?

Gravity Falls is a totally un-substantiated rumor and if you have seen Avatar you know that animals play a very big part in the story, so I don't see any problem with the name.

Arthur Wellesley

They were floating the idea of calling the park: James Cameron's Animal Kingdom (or Animal Camerondom) after the Avatar expansion opens in a few years.

This was according to a recent blog Cameron wrote titled: "Things I Really Wish Would Happen." So don't take this rumor too heavily until something is confirmed or semi-confirmed by DisneyParks.

PhotoDave219

Are you serious?

Tom

Beta Return

So, the safari (based around African animals), and the 3D show about bugs, and the two walking trails that showcase animals, and the train to the animal hospital, and the bird show, and the Lion King (animal based movie) show, and the Finding Nemo (animal based movie) show, and Dinoland (based around extinct animals), and the monkey exhibit......those are just a sliver of the offerings at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park?

I have been SORELY mistaken for the past 17 years. I really need to spend some more time over at DAK on my next trip to see what the majority of the park is about.

mergatroid

Animal Kingdom pretty much says it all. The animals, the balance of nature leading into concern for the environment, are the big draw. Even with the addition of Avatarland, there would be no need to describe the park otherwise.

Well they could call it 'Disney's Animal Kingdom with a bit of an alien theme going on in the corner' :cool:

riverscu0m0

What is Gravity Falls?
A cartoon on Disney Channel. It's become quite popular since it's begun.

p9248224_b_v7_ac.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

The show has a big adult cult following due to it's constant use of "Symbolism" and Cryptic Text throughout the show..Also it does have a dark mysterious tone loaded with humor and with the adventure of Dipper and Mable learning the mystery of Gravity Falls and what is the mystery is...We don't know yet....

Cartoon Conspiracy has a little more about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom