Animal Kingdom Restaurant

QWERTY

Does anyone know of a good sit down restaurant to eat in the Animal Kingdom? I've been looking through the list of places to eat in the Animal Kingdom and they all seem like kiddie foods places, no where actually to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch or dinner.

bhg469

tuskerhouse is nice, flametree is excellent they are both "counter service" though and then theres rainforest cafe outside the park. thats well....rainforest cafe, same as anywhere else.

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

There are no sit-down restaraunts IN DAK. Just outside of it (litterally) there is a Rainforest Cafe. There are mixed reviews on the restaraunt, but my family and I have had nothing but great experiances there. The themeing in impecable. You will most likely love it or hate it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I would skip the Rainforest Cafe and have lunch at Tusker House (great chicken & salmon) or Flametree. They are counter service spots, but there is plenty of seating and the food is very good. :wave:

Upvote 0

bhg469

I am actually looking forward to either of these cause our next trip will have dining included so it should be a good lunch.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

bhg469 said:
I am actually looking forward to either of these cause our next trip will have dining included so it should be a good lunch.

My favorite is Tusker house. The grilled salmon is great (who would have thought a counter service would have that!) and the chicken is always juicy.

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

While it is a short jaunt, you might also try Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is an exceptionally good table service restaurant with a great and unique wine list. Boma is a buffet-style African restaurant there that is equally as good. However, the atmosphere is much more casual. If you are staying in park, I would argue Tusker House is some of the best counter-service dining on property. It is VERY good quality wise and a good value for the money. It can get crowded, but the atmosphere in the restaurant is pretty neat.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

WDFAN1977 said:
I enjoyed the rain forest cafe.

The only problem I have with the Rainforest Cafe is its a chain, the food is the same no matter which restaurant you eat in. Since we had on close by (it has since closed) I really don't feel the need to wait for a table there.

They have good desserts though. :slurp:

Upvote 0

barnum42

QWERTY said:
I've been looking through the list of places to eat in the Animal Kingdom and they all seem like kiddie foods places, no where actually to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch or dinner.
"Kiddie Food"? You must have ate some great grub as a kid! :lol:

As has been said, Animal Kingdom does not have a waiter service restaurant, but Tusker House has a very un-kiddie menu and Flame Tree Barbecue is fantastic, great to eat outdoors by the little pond.

If you would like a really nice meal in the evening after visiting Animal Kingdom, head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and choose from Boma - all you can eat top quality buffet or Jiko which is the waiter service restaurant.

Checkout Animal Kingdom's Menus here:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ak/ak_rest.htm

And Animal Kingdom Lodge Menus here:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#res

And after your meal you can explore the resort, it's a marvellous place.

Upvote 0

inafog

Just wanted to agree with everyone else on Tusker House and Flame Tree. Flame Tree has the best seating area although I suppose there's nothing stopping you from taking your food from Tusker House and eating in Flame Tree's area.

I am blessed with children who won't eat off the kids' menu. Their dad is always trying to get them to take chicken nuggets or he orders a double cheeseburger for them to split (neither of them will eat bread--go figure). At least half the time they steal his food and he gets stuck with the "kid" food!

Upvote 0

makscopes

Jiko and Boma both offer unique tastes that are a real treat.

To have a very nice meal, I would make the trip over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and eat at Jiko or Boma. Both are award winning restaurants and have excellent food.

I was stunned on how good the food is at Boma and Jiko. In fact, the twists in flavor are unique and not available anywhere else that I know of. Either of the restaurants are a real treat and should not be missed IMHO. For more conventional food, eat at at the Rainforest Cafe. It also has great quality food.

Milton

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DisneyChik17 said:
There are no sit-down restaraunts IN DAK. Just outside of it (litterally) there is a Rainforest Cafe. There are mixed reviews on the restaraunt, but my family and I have had nothing but great experiances there. The themeing in impecable. You will most likely love it or hate it.
Over the last year or so the quality at Rainforest has declined. I am a Safari Club member and Rainforest was a part of every trip now it is only out of desperation. I hope the quality improves because I really do miss our visits there.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

the last time we ate at Rainforest (about 1 year ago) it was TERRIBLE. We waited about an hour for our table. We sat at the bar while we waited. An hour later, we were seated at a table right next to the chairs we had at the bar!!! (meaning out of the "jungle"). It then took, and i kid you not, over 90 minutes for my hamburger and my wife's turkey wrap!! I won't be going back there.

maybe i'm picky, but i really do prefer table service. the food at tusker house may be very good and not "kiddie" but having to go up and order and bus your own table...no thanks. I'm on vacation and i prefer to be seated, asked my order, be able to ask questions, and not have to worry about clean-up, condiments, refilled water glasses, etc...

My suggestion is to go to Animal Kingdom lodge if you're looking for African themed foods, or any one of the multitude of other great table service places throughout WDW.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Cosmo said:
maybe i'm picky, but i really do prefer table service. the food at tusker house may be very good and not "kiddie" but having to go up and order and bus your own table...no thanks. I'm on vacation and i prefer to be seated, asked my order, be able to ask questions, and not have to worry about clean-up, condiments, refilled water glasses, etc...
On a two week visit I can't afford the luxury of waiter service at every meal, and I like the casual aspect of counter. Also when eating solo it's easier than sitting around like a Billy-no-mates waiting for your food after ordering. :lol:

But you won't hear me arguing against your take on dining out - enjoy. Especially at Animal Kingdom Lodge :slurp:

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

WOW! I can't believe Rainforest Cafe has gotten this bad. I love the atmosphere there, and the food was good too. Does anyone know hw the one at DTD is anymore?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DisneyChik17 said:
WOW! I can't believe Rainforest Cafe has gotten this bad. I love the atmosphere there, and the food was good too. Does anyone know hw the one at DTD is anymore?
The same. Some genius in corporate probably changed a bunch of stuff and messed the entire chain up.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Cosmo said:
the last time we ate at Rainforest (about 1 year ago) it was TERRIBLE. We waited about an hour for our table. We sat at the bar while we waited. An hour later, we were seated at a table right next to the chairs we had at the bar!!! (meaning out of the "jungle"). It then took, and i kid you not, over 90 minutes for my hamburger and my wife's turkey wrap!! I won't be going back there.

I wouldn't tolerate that at all. I wouldn't wait an hour for a table if it was the last meal on the face of the earth! When I am hungry, I want to eat. When I make a reservation, I expect it to be honored. I have neither the time nor the inclination to wait for service at any restaurant.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

I'm usually the same. But my wife really wanted to eat in the jungle.

As for only eating at table service while at WDW...I WISH! I can't afford it either and do sometimes go to counter service or a kiosk or something, but the original poster asked about table service...so that's how I answered. If I really wanted a table service experience, I wouldn't substitute counter service (no matter how good the menu).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom