Animal Kingdom- Quick/Counter Service Poll

Computer Magic

Animal Kingdom- Quick/Counter Service Poll
<HR style="COLOR: #1353b3" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->With the new Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining, Disney gives you one counter/quick service per day.

I'm interested in finding out the favorite counter/quick service for Animal Kingdom.

Please post why this is your favorite, ie food (what's good), location, quick service, selection, theming, etc.

I hope I have included all choices.

Thanks
<!-- / message -->

tigger248

I voted Tusker House simply because it's the only one I've ever been to. And that was back in 2000, so I don't really remember the food. We don't spend a whole lot of time in AK, so we don't usually eat there. When we do, it's a big breakfast or something and we just don't get hungry during the day.

I have eaten a few time at the Breakfastosaurus. It's great! My family tends to really fill up on all you can eat buffets. Might as well get the most for our money. Plus, we save money by not needing lunch (except maybe a Mickeys Premium Bar or a Simbas Paw Print. The only time I've spent a whole day there, we had breakfast at Breakfastosaurus and dinner at Rain Forest Cafe. I've also had turkey legs there too. Yum.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Flame Tree is the best. I love the onion rings. I like to take the path that leads to the covered seating area along the water opposite Expedition Everest. It's a nice peaceful area to have lunch.

Upvote 0

barnum42

cherrynegra said:
Flame Tree is the best. I love the onion rings. I like to take the path that leads to the covered seating area along the water opposite Expedition Everest. It's a nice peaceful area to have lunch.
I knew you were a man of good taste :D

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

We tried Flame Tree for the first time this past September. The smell of the BBQ was absolutely yummy smelling and I finally talked my husband into trying it. He was very reluctant, but now we cannot wait to go back to AK and eat there again. The birds around the dining area were a huge pain, though. They kept trying to land on the table and half the chairs were "dirty" from them if you know what I mean.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Ringo8n24 said:
The birds around the dining area were a huge pain, though. They kept trying to land on the table and half the chairs were "dirty" from them if you know what I mean.
That's strange about the dirty chairs. Whenever I have eaten there - and this is always off-peak, there have been plenty of custodians doing a superb job of keeping the place spotless.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

barnum42 said:
That's strange about the dirty chairs. Whenever I have eaten there - and this is always off-peak, there have been plenty of custodians doing a superb job of keeping the place spotless.

We really did not see anyone there cleaning the area. People were standing around waiting for someone to move to grab a table as if it were mall parking places at Christmas time. So, maybe they usually clean them, but were never given the chance to because there were so many people around. Another thing, the birds were actually walking around on the tables as you tried to eat. It was my first time there, so it could have just been that day as it was raining off and on that day.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I like the Flame Tree, good food, great atmosphere, and a front row seat to the everest construction. :animwink: :lol:

Upvote 0

westie

SewIn2Disney said:
Flame Tree......The pulled pork sandwiches and ribs are amazing. Best theme park food ANYWHERE!
But the rest are good too.....
Did you ever notice that AK gets all the good food spots? MK, Epcot and Studios get stuck with the burgers and fries.

Ditto the pulled pork sandwich!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

They have something besides Flame Tree at AK??

Who knew that?

The pulled pork bbq sandwich is fantastic!!

But actually, we did eat at Tusker House on our last visit, when we made two morning trips to AK. (The first, of course, was Flame Tree!)

Tusker House was quite good and I understand how everyone would like the different offerings from the usual burgers and fries and chicken.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom