animal kingdom nighttime fireworks / parade

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Herk said:
Yep I'm sure that the flying animals all go into containers and a few of the larger animals do as well.

When you say container, I think of Tupperware. :lol:

Maybe a better word would be pen or stall or coop or cage.

mickeysgal

A little while back, I was on that Google Earth map and was looking at AK. Behind Dinosaur and Dino Rama was an area that would be a great area for nighttime show... It seems to be the furthest from the animals, and its in an area of the park that has the most attractions that can be open late. It also is next to the first parking lot...so there would be easy access out if there was an emergency.

It would be nice to have a nighttime show there...I've never stayed til dark, It would be cool to see the park then!

Sharon L

Dak does not currently need to be open past dark everyday, if it does, than some sort of nightime draw may be needed. The Everst Pryo was really a test to see how the animals reacted. The animals did just fine, so the only remaining concern is pollution from the show, as they don't want pryo shells falling into animal habitats.

I have heard that hours may increase once the Nemo musical opens, but as of right now, it's not needed. DAK was designed from Day 1 for nightime use, so the lighting is in place, just only used for EMH.

How do you know the animals "did just fine"? Are you a zoologist or veterinarian working for Animal Kingdom? Since my domesticated dog does not do just fine during fireworks, I am sure that there would be more than a few animals bothered by the fireworks.

FollowurDream

I honestly really enjoy Animal Kingdom. I think it is a drag that it's not open later than 5:00 p.m. on most days. I've never even got to do a EMH in the evening. I think it would be cool to do Everest at night. Granted many animals couldn't be out...but I think I could still have a nice time at DAK at night.

Any night time parade they could get away with would be awesome.

better than MGM at night......possibly...:zipit:

Chape19714

How do you know the animals "did just fine"? Are you a zoologist or veterinarian working for Animal Kingdom? Since my domesticated dog does not do just fine during fireworks, I am sure that there would be more than a few animals bothered by the fireworks.
No need to be offended. The Animals at DAK are very well cared for by a top notch staff of zoologisits and Veterinarians. No, I'm not one of them, but the fact that they did just fine was the word from Disney. No offence, but Lions, Tigers, Elephants, Monkeys, and the like are not comparable to a domisticated Dog. Far Different creatures.

Furthermore, The Magic Kingdom Horses are at Fort Wilderness during the MK's show, and handle it just fine, sometimes they are even in the park during a pryo explosion. Also, just down the road a bit is Busch Gardens, where they have many similar animals to DAK, and they do fireworks quite frequently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom