Animal Kingdom Lodge

MissViv

Original Poster
Just back from our recent stay at AKL. We booked a standard room and were upgraded to savannah room. The rooms are not as big as other deluxe resorts but the view was great! Missed a couch in the room.

Transportation was good but it is a long ride to go anywhere and I probably would not book this resort again. It is good for a one time stay though because it is so different. Christmas decorations were NOT up which we were disappointed about. Our visit this time was for the Christmas Party (which was fantastic by the way and would do it again, worth every penny) and to visit the deluxe resorts to see the Christmas Decorations. We visited Poly, Contemporary, GF, WL, Beach Club, YC & Boardwalk. Some of the decorations were up at these resorts. Food in the Mara food court was very surprising good!

We had a great time but it was colder than we expected.

Lilofan

Just back from our recent stay at AKL. We booked a standard room and were upgraded to savannah room. The rooms are not as big as other deluxe resorts but the view was great! Missed a couch in the room.

Transportation was good but it is a long ride to go anywhere and I probably would not book this resort again. It is good for a one time stay though because it is so different. Christmas decorations were NOT up which we were disappointed about. Our visit this time was for the Christmas Party (which was fantastic by the way and would do it again, worth every penny) and to visit the deluxe resorts to see the Christmas Decorations. We visited Poly, Contemporary, GF, WL, Beach Club, YC & Boardwalk. Some of the decorations were up at these resorts. Food in the Mara food court was very surprising good!

We had a great time but it was colder than we expected.
Good to hear. Boma is a good option if you like all you can eat breakfast and dinner with some African flavors.

MissViv

Original Poster
Good to hear. Boma is a good option if you like all you can eat breakfast and dinner with some African flavors.

We had a reservation but cancelled it. $59.99 for breakfast is way too much for us … we eat a light breakfast!

Nottamus

You must have JUST missed the Christmas at AKL decorations. I read a post 3 days ago that they were up.

Which is perfect for our first December trip to AKL this Saturday
We had always missed it by a day or two or a week every fall trip.

My wife skips breakfast, so I Always just do The Mara while she gets ready. Alway good.
An all you can eat breakfast is always just a bit too much for me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom