Animal Kingdom Lodge

Goofette

We are planning on going to the AKL the end of April. I have a Savannah room booked. Will we like staying there, or would a standard view be just as well. Plus, is it hard to get around to the different parks using the Disney Transportation from there?

The Mom

Premium Member
Staying in a Savannah view room will give you the opportunity to see the animals from your room...important because when we stayed there, the animals were fed early in the morning (around 6AM in June) and the feeding stations are near rooms. This is when the animals are closest to the hotel. If you are in a standard room, you would have to leave your room to see this. However, a standard room is better than not being there at all! ;)

Aside from the fact that NO parks are within walking distance, we didn't have any problems with transportation. The buses seemed to come as frequently as at any other resort.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by Goofette
[B...have a Savannah room booked. Will we like staying there, or would a standard view be just as well... [/B]

Friends of mine who stayed there --- and many other WDW resorts --- really enjoyed watching the animals from their balcony. DAK Lodge is now their favorite, because of that view.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Another option is to split your stay across 2 rooms. Start off with a standard view for a few nights, then move into a Savannah view for the most nights that you can afford.

I can highly recommend both rooms types.... just being in that resort is pretty magical! - whichever room type you go for! :D

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Stay in the savannah view room.

My wife and I stayed in AKL in Oct. It was a wonderful experiance. And like cm1988 said, it quickly become a favorite place to stay. I've stayed at Conteporary, Poly, and in outside park, and AKL is the best bar none.

They also feed the animal late at night, I think around 11 or 12. Actually, I belive one of the CM said they are feed 4 times a day. It's really cool watching them at night, and with some binoculars (or the view finders at some of the areas), you can clearly do some night watching because of the special nightime lights they have.

The animal, the views, the resturants, the CMs, even the store. Everything about that place is great.

Upvote 0

Goofette

Original Poster
I have been looking at pictures from AKL and it looks amazing. Thanks everyone. It's been 10 years since we've been to WDW and the first visit for my daughter who is 7. We're all really excited. I'm not looking forward to the drive though :hammer: (from Missouri...my husband won't fly). Thanks for all the input :)

Countdown has started...2 months 25 days :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom